3D cockpit image at 360° How to do ?

doorgunner

Hello I just saw a beautiful 3D image at 360 degree on a Me163 Komet cockpit on the RAF Cosford facebook page. It is fantasting to tap you finger on screen and see all the details all around the cabin. I would like to do the same with a genuine wartime C45 beechcraft that I am restoring.
How to do that ?
What equipment I would need ?
Is there an App that could help me ?
Thanks a lot in advance
Maurizio

3 hours ago, doorgunner said:

Hello I just saw a beautiful 3D image at 360 degree on a Me163 Komet cockpit on the RAF Cosford facebook page. It is fantasting to tap you finger on screen and see all the details all around the cabin. I would like to do the same with a genuine wartime C45 beechcraft that I am restoring.
How to do that ?
What equipment I would need ?
Is there an App that could help me ?
Thanks a lot in advance
Maurizio

Well, buying a special camera for panoramic shooting if there is no purpose to make these panoramas in dozens there is no practical sense.

This case can be done with any ordinary camera or phone with a fisheye lens. Fisheye is a lens with a field of view of 110-180 degrees. Therefore, to make a full panorama, even 4 photos are enough, in the finished image there will be only a small hole above and below, which in most cases is usually simply covered up in image editor. The camera is placed on a micro tripod and 4-8 shots are taken at 360 degrees so that the edges of the frames overlap with adjacent frames. Then a program is used to assemble 360 image, there are free and paid ones. And to view a panoramic photo you need a player, it seems the GoPro had a free one, I don't remember. For details about software look at any drone lover community, any drone owner has made a 360 panorama at least once :) 

Here are examples of fisheye for Iphone and Canon

111.jpg222.jpg

Edited by DLinevitch