Crush Your Enemies

Cadman

Finding myself at a bit of a loose end, I decided to build a small diorama featuring this fine upstanding fellow....

01-Crush-Your-Enemies.jpg

He's a 75mm resin figure from Midnight Miniatures in the UK, and I picked him up around two or three years ago -- put the kit into my stash cupboard, and then promptly forgot all about him.

I reckoned I might as well do another figure while I was at it, although the female resin job in these photos won't be in the Conan vignette; she's for something else once I get around to it.

02-Crush-Your-Enemies.jpg

03-Crush-Your-Enemies.jpg

I had anticipated the usual three-handed juggling act, (and super-gluing my fingers together again), trying to get both the kit arms to line up and connect to the right hand molded onto the sword blade, but managed to surprise myself when they actually went together with no major drama.

The female figure was then put to one side while I concentrated on getting the Cimmerian up to scratch.

04-Crush-Your-Enemies.jpg

05-Crush-Your-Enemies.jpg

06-Crush-Your-Enemies.jpg

So that was him just about finished.

07-Crush-Your-Enemies.jpg

08-Crush-Your-Enemies.jpg

And what's the diorama he was going into. Well, I reckoned something loosely based on this R.E. Howard yarn ought to be easy enough.

08-Shadows-in-the-Moonlight.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED IN THE DIORAMA SECTION

Edited by Cadman
added one more photo
  • Like 2

Great figure, I like the expression and the way you painted his face. Now I'm going to listen to the audiobook of that story.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ted said:

Great figure, I like the expression and the way you painted his face. Now I'm going to listen to the audiobook of that story.

It's one of Howard's best IMO.

Enjoy...😃

• Like 1