Canberra B.15 stencils, c. 1967

Doc72

Hi everybody,

I need your advice on what stencils would be approbriate for B.15 from Akrotiri around 1967. This is the aircraft I am trying the build:

xDWXHYz.jpg

And this is the current state of the model:

35JMM4j.jpg

I have second thoughts about the two red warning triangles on top of the fuselage behind the cockpit and about the dashed black line indicating the wing tanks. Should I remove them again?

Also I wonder what kind of walkway markings (if any) are correct on the wings? I have seen this thread about a similar aircraft and there the conclusion seemed to be a yellow dashed line.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235080332-canberra-bi6-wt319-walkway-markings/&tab=comments#comment-3827399

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks! So you would say dashed yellow walkways are most likely?

And what about the dashed lines for the wing tanks? There are clearly on the underside of the wing but on top?

I don't want be unhelpful, but there are so many variations, if the tank lines are on the underside there will be a good chance they will also be on the top in yellow. As for the walk wsys I would go for a solid line not dashed, if I get a chance I'll have a good look at my photos tomorrow.

John

No problem, you are very helpful and I appreciate that. I know these are tricky questions. I have already looked through countless photos and haven't found an answer.

Any input or suggestions are highly appreciated.

On 3/9/2021 at 9:02 PM, Doc72 said:

No problem, you are very helpful and I appreciate that. I know these are tricky questions. I have already looked through countless photos and haven't found an answer.

Any input or suggestions are highly appreciated.

Hi Doc,

I've had a good look at all the ASW Canberra's I can find, and I would say on the balance of probability, I would go for a dashed line, I did find two examples of a solid yellow line but they were in a minority. I hope this helps?

John