Thanks Terry, great to hear you're considering tackling one, well worth the investment. It's designed in such a way as to be almost, foolproof....I don't think I've come across a more solid structure in an aircraft kit before, everything lines up as it should, fit is excellent so no worries there.

if I build a Vulcan, how can I not build a Victor and Valiant as well. Look what you did!

Happy to play devil's advocate........the Victor's also cleverly designed and goes together well (with a little care), the Valiant, to be fair, belongs to the last generation but can equally be easily bought up to snuff, with a little work. I have half a dozen V-Bombers on the go at the mo and will post them as they come down the production line and at least a couple more Vulcans will be wending their way here before long. Several ideas for these all involving some serious butchery I'm afraid...

The kit should be available very soon.

Cheers:cheers:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, general melchett said:

The kit should be available very soon.

Have you heard the jungle drums your generalship or was it a more modern electronic method? :whistle:

• Haha 1

Have you heard the jungle drums your generalship or was it a more modern electronic method? 

Slightly more up to date Bob...an ancient device called a 'telephone', don't think it'll ever catch on...

Thanks SAT69, that's very kind of you.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Full salute to The General as always.A stunning build of the new Vulcan kit and beautifully portrayed on the V-Bomber base with accessories.

What’s not to love?🏆👏😎👍

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/03/2021 at 12:24, general melchett said:

Thanks Bob, must agree about the structure. I don't think I've ever seen an inner frame as substantial as the one included here. Everything fits together perfectly. This in turn means that everything lines up correctly, no droop or twist. A credit to the designer (btw, Chris also did the 1/24th Hellcat). The thing is as solidly designed as the real thing.

This gives you some idea of the inner framework with weapons bay, undercarriage bays and engine intakes in place.

1-WIP19.jpg

Agreed, with a bit of work, there's still a lot of mileage in the old kit, I've built and re-scribed many, all good fun but it's nice to have one less thing to worry about.

Sorry guys I just bought last week this marvellous Airfix kit. I do have however (bought many years ago) the TwoMikes Resin upgrade kits for the intakes (solid intakes without seams) and for the three wheel wells (landing gear bays). Looking at the picture above I have the question that hopefully somebody can address if the kit intakes can be replaced by the TwoMikes Resin intakes (which were intended for the old airfix vulcan kit. Any reactions will be highly appreciated. Thanks Theo