Your model is state of the art! I for one will be buying the kit when it is released. When I get the courage to assemble is another question, but for now I can admire your craftsmanship, a superb example! 

Edited by Ian Anderson
spell check
  • Thanks 1

My Dear General,

Amazing and beautiful work as always but I'm so pleased that you chose to model "The Grand Duchess of East Fortune"

She looks stunning in her earlier guise.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Thanks 1

Awfully splendid job on the old girl, old beansprout! I am happy to say I have mine on backorder, and once received, I promise to have it ready before the turn of the next millennium.

As Always I Remain you Most(ly) Devoted Servant,

Jason

• Haha 3

Thanks chaps, as ever your comments are very much appreciated, glad you approve. Hopefully it'll prove popular for the company and further tempt them to go for more large aircraft, (1/48th Stirling anyone?)

I'm so pleased that you chose to model "The Grand Duchess of East Fortune"

She looks stunning in her earlier guise.

Thanks Alistair...it wasn't a difficult decision really as she was a significant airframe in her time, being the first B.Mk2 to sport the squared fin tip, trialed an unusual Dark Sea Grey/Dark Green paint scheme, served with six squadrons and was, of course, involved in the South Atlantic with her famous emergency diversion and hairy landing in Rio.

My memories of her are from the 1974 Air Tattoo at Greenham Common, where she performed in great style. Luckily someone managed to film the event for posterity, though sadly, it was silent. However my good mate, Rob Hayes (Robvulcan) came to the rescue and added the appropriate sound effects. She was also the last operational Vulcan I remember seeing displayed at the 1983 IAT, again, at Greenham Common.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Lovely stuff, well done! The airfield equipment and base really make the scene.    :clap:

When you write an article for the magazine, how much leeway do you have building the kit? Do you need to keep it pretty much out-of-the-box, and could you go hog wild if you wanted to?

Cheers,

Bill

• Thanks 1

Absolutely brilliant, no wonder you build for Airfix! What a stunning Vulcan. Thanks for posting this, I’ve been wondering when we’d see a bit more of this forthcoming kit, looks well worth the wait. I think I’m going to need at least three of these!

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys, very kind of you. Just glad I have the opportunity of showing what’s on offer in the Box, hopefully help you plan ahead.

1 hour ago, Navy Bird said:

When you write an article for the magazine, how much leeway do you have building the kit? Do you need to keep it pretty much out-of-the-box, and could you go hog wild if you wanted to?

Thanks Bill. With the magazine builds, if it’s an initial release then they’re built out of the box (the exception being the cockpit as these pre-production kits usually arrive without decals, so PE instrument panels, seatbelts, firing handles etc can be used). With subsequent reissues, aftermarket is usually supplied with the kit to show what’s available for the model......so we can chuck the kitchen sink at it.

Lord Riot...only three?

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Dayam, Andy- that is one drop-dead gorgeous B2! I was thinking that maybe your absence and lack of recent  Naughty Corner frivolity meant that you were working on a pre-release model of some sort. Boy, howdy, were you ever! I can't wait to get my hands on one! Thanks from all of us for your input on the production  of this kit, which I've no doubt is the better for it. Sooooo, when are you going to unveil a Beaufort? Hoping this finds you and yours well and safe. :like:

Mike

• Thanks 1