Matchbox the 50th Anniversary GB Chat

I am no where near finishing the Sea Venom,  my own fault really, I carried on building models for my FAA thread and decided to detail it a bit too !!! I just can't help myself 🤪

I won't need an extension though as stated a way off, so just a fail for me.  

Chris

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Until last night I thought I might be able to finish my Auto Union racing car but it's now a mess of coagulated superglue (assuming coagulated is the right word; mess certainly is)!

I could probably still get it done if I had to, buuuuut .....😂

• Sad 4

On 01/06/2022 at 18:07, bigbadbadge said:

I've seen your build thread.   I refuse to accept that model as a "fail".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I've seen your build thread.   I refuse to accept that model as a "fail".

Thanks Enzo, the model is fine, but I've failed to meet the deadline,  that's okay though I will just carry it on in my dedicated FAA build thread. 

Chris

4 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Thanks Enzo, the model is fine, but I've failed to meet the deadline,  that's okay though I will just carry it on in my dedicated FAA build thread. 

Chris

Groupbuilds have never really been about meeting deadlines.   It's all about the sense of community.

And remember, the gallery will re-open after a week or so.  When it is we would love to see your Sea Venom take its rightful place there.  

By the way, that applies to everyone who has missed the deadline. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Groupbuilds have never really been about meeting deadlines.   It's all about the sense of community.

And remember, the gallery will re-open after a week or so.  When it is we would love to see your Sea Venom take its rightful place there.  

Thanks Enzo.

Chris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Gallery’s reopen? How the hell have I missed that? Anyway extension or not my lightning and hopefully eventually my 737 will be done, and my Canberra will be at some point in the next day or two 

Just now, PhantomBigStu said:

Gallery’s reopen? How the hell have I missed that? Anyway extension or not my lightning and hopefully eventually my 737 will be done, and my Canberra will be at some point in the next day or two 

Edit and I’ve managed to quote myself before posting, I think I’ve had a bit much of the Jubilee festivities 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 01/06/2022 at 17:44, PhantomBigStu said:

Discovered my lightning is a lot closer to completion than I thought and done a bit more work on it, begs the question, any others need an extension just to make sure? 

On 01/06/2022 at 18:07, bigbadbadge said:

I am no where near finishing the Sea Venom,  my own fault really, I carried on building models for my FAA thread and decided to detail it a bit too !!! I just can't help myself 🤪

Chris

On 02/06/2022 at 09:18, bianfuxia said:

Until last night I thought I might be able to finish my Auto Union racing car but it's now a mess of coagulated superglue (assuming coagulated is the right word; mess certainly is)!

I could probably still get it done if I had to, buuuuut .....😂

13 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I haven't had an official request for an extension yet.  Yet...

@JOCKNEY  @Rabbit Leader

Well you have now !  :wink:

Dear Sir

Could I most humbly request a 2 week extension to this GB to allow the "malingerers" whoops I mean GB members to be able to complete their builds and get them in the Gallery.

Your most humble servant

Pat

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Another two weeks? Blimey, I could knock out another five OOB builds in that time. Just as well I am on holibobs...

Dave

• Haha 9

Please, Please, another two weeks. I have just got back from holiday cycling the Orkney and Shetland islands and can complete my Ju 188 by Sunday night (the deadline) and squeeze in a completion of the He 111, which is  mostly built

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Dear Sir

Could I most humbly request a 2 week extension to this GB to allow the "malingerers" whoops I mean GB members to be able to complete their builds and get them in the Gallery.

Your most humble servant

Pat

Done!   Closing date is now Sunday 19 June.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Another two weeks available now! There might be another build in me yet.

I had planned on stopping at this point. Totalling up my builds to date gave me a bit of a jolt. A mere  22 builds. I must get out more.

Here they all are, too many for one picture, so my bragfest spans a few snaps. Indulge me, I'm on a roll...

IMG-3533.jpg

IMG-3599.jpg

IMG-3113.jpg

IMG-3494.jpg

IMG-3325-copy.jpg

Thanks Pat and Dave for running a corker of a Group Build. Certainly the biggest yet and probably the best as well. Topping this one won't be easy.

Tony.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Hmm. 2 extra weeks means (counts on fingers, considers taking boots off for extra computing power) umm... 2 extra weekends. I may be able to get the Zipper over the line after all.

No promises, mind. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, davecov said:

Another two weeks? Blimey, I could knock out another five OOB builds in that time. Just as well I am on holibobs...

Dave

I'm sure the big H will deliver to you Dave, if you order a few things.

I'm sure your other half wouldn't mind :chair: 

• Haha 2

On 6/2/2022 at 10:56 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

I think I’ve had a bit much of the Jubilee festivities 

I'm building a Republic P-47 to mark the occasion.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Selwyn said:

Whatever happens, extension or otherwise, I think we can say this has been a pretty successful group build!

Selwyn

Agreed. It's been my first and I've loved it. I managed five builds, which I doubt I'd have done otherwise. 

It's been wonderful revelling (poor choice of word...) in all this Matchbox nostalgia and seeing so many superb builds.

Can we do it again sometime? 😀

• Like 3

Well I won’t argue with an extension. That said the Fury is a whisker away from finished and the  ie that I’ve got the camo on the Helldiver it’s not too far behind.

A0A32931-7383-4ACD-BEB8-43AE5E5725B4.jpg

B39598BA-6F90-4519-B4C8-742283E0811A.jpg

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 7