Matchbox the 50th Anniversary GB Chat

21 minutes ago, Walter said:

Hi guys does anyone know if Matchbox rebox any Heller kits?

From memory I do not believe so, however you could do a generic 'Matchbox' search on Scalemates to see if any Heller-like moulded kits pop up. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

From memory I do not believe so, however you could do a generic 'Matchbox' search on Scalemates to see if any Heller-like moulded kits pop up. 

Cheers.. Dave 

No luck for me ahh we'll I'll just have to wait for a Heller GB.

This GB is hitting my piggy bank,thanks to another dodgy set of decals I've had to resort to AM Italian decals for the Starfighter

for the second time then I spied a set for the Sabre so another fiver then there's still more kits I fancy doing going for a song on e-bay!

• Haha 4

I keep wondering if any former matchbox employees are looking on.

The other thought is that given the popularity of the group build ( and I know for most of us it’s nostalgia fuelled) there would seem to be a market for new matchbox kits or at least some limited rereleases ( I know Revell does do this)

Imagine seeing a load of new matchbox kits in your local AldI at Christmas instead of Airfix.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 7

Took stock tonight.

Lightning.Nearly there just need some nose weight added as what I put in wasn't enough.

Starfighter. Waiting for decal's.

Sabre.Waiting for decals to see what colours required.

Mystere.Next step the upper colours.

Alpha Jet. Next step upper colours.

F-5. Happy with the tail repair so now can crack on.

Fury.Need a dry day to spray outside.

Stuka.Needs matt coat.

And went and picked up a Hawk for £6:99 tonight building a Finnish machine.

20220302_194449

• Like 11

An impressive work in progress collection there @stevej60, all of which will eventually be finished and gracing the gallery in no time. Your huge contributions are much appreciated and yet somehow still continue with a new Hawk build!

Now I would have thought the new builds would have subsided a little by now, however to my utter surprise they are increasing at a rapid rate and I’m struggling hard to keep up with my ‘Build List’ update duties. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

• Like 4

On 01/03/2022 at 20:26, John Masters said:

There are too many threads on which to comment...

Yeh...   I'm afraid that's just the nature of a Matchbox GB.

There is just a lot of love for Matchbox. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Now I would have thought the new builds would have subsided a little by now, however to my utter surprise they are increasing at a rapid rate and I’m struggling hard to keep up with my ‘Build List’ update duties.

Just let me get the Hawks, Comets and Strikemasters out of the way.  Then I can add a couple more to your workload. 

Sorry...   not sorry!  :bleh: 

Looking at a Noorduyn Norseman, Boeing P-12E and possibly a Fiat G91Y.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Just let me get the Hawks, Comets and Strikemasters out of the way.  Then I can add a couple more to your workload. 

Sorry...   not sorry!  :bleh: 

Looking at a Noorduyn Norseman, Boeing P-12E and possibly a Fiat G91Y.

I built the old Airfix G91 at least twice but I would not mind having a go at the 91Y if I could find one on the cheap.

Pete

• Like 1

My Fw 190 is on the way. I do have one that I started back in 1991 but never finished. I would have entered it here but it's well over the 25% limit.

51914866843_f144c577e9_c.jpgDSCF3055 by timothy jones, on Flickr

51915387195_1ebc4b2a6c_c.jpgDSCF3056 by timothy jones, on Flickr

I'd like to finish it alongside the new arrival if that's OK with @JOCKNEY and @Rabbit Leader. I can post the completed pics in the previous build thread.

Edited by TimJ
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, TimJ said:

My Fw 190 is on the way. I do have one that I started back in 1991 but never finished. I would have entered it here but it's well over the 25% limit.

Great news Tim and just to let you (and others) know, we are quite liberal with the 25% GB rule, especially for a subject that has not already been chosen. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been helping no.1 son clear an old house he wants to move into. The previous occupant has left a load of toys, as well as a complete mess for us to clear out

Anyways, in amongst the toys was found two Matchbox car kits

No.1 has claimed the Aston Martin Ulster and I've got the Bugatti

One more for the GB!

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Black Knight said:

No.1 has claimed the Aston Martin Ulster and I've got the Bugatti

One more for the GB!

Any chance you can get No.1 son on here building it Fred ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Any chance you can get No.1 son on here building it Fred ?

Reminds me of a story my son told me just before I unwrapped last years Fathers Day present. With a cheeky smirk he says “We we’re going to get you Personalised Numbers plates that read No.1 Dad, but that was already taken, so we got you No.2 Dad instead”! 🤔

Cheers.. Dave 

• Haha 4

Oh God another bid in, the wife has started to notice parcel's arriving the "but they're e-bay cheapies" is starting to lose it's effect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5