Matchbox the 50th Anniversary GB Chat

Well I'm pleased with this news time for more folk's to get over the finish line,I'm at the Northern model show tomorrow if anything MB catches the eye might even

squeeze another little one in!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

The party was winding down, the DJ want's to go home and the beer is nearly gone. The people near the door are waiting for their cab, and the hosts are thinking that they will never do this again.

All of a sudden, someone puts Wooly Bully on the record deck and the whole place erupts again.

Welcome to the two week extension.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Would you believe not a single MB kit to be found at the |Northern show today look's like we've finally drained the lake that leaves me with the thought of can I squeeze another 109

before close of business?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, stevej60 said:

Would you believe not a single MB kit to be found at the |Northern show today look's like we've finally drained the lake that leaves me with the thought of can I squeeze another 109

before close of business?

What kind of question is that? Of course you can!

I got the box and all the parts of a Privateer out today, checked my paint stocks and did a bit of wishful thinking. It would be tight, no doubt about it, but it's possible.

You do a 109, I'll throw caution to the wind with the great big Privateer and we both go out in a blaze of glory.

Deal?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

"Watch it now, watch it......here it comes..........."

50 minutes ago, TonyW said:

I got the box and all the parts of a Privateer out today, checked my paint stocks and did a bit of wishful thinking. It would be tight, no doubt about it, but it's possible.

Two weeks extention will see my Starfighter get finished (maybe more).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mike Dean said:

"Watch it now, watch it......here it comes..........."

Two weeks extention will see my Starfighter get finished (maybe more).

That's the spirit. There's not nearly enough Starfighters on board.

• Like 1

We are up to 9 pages of completions in the Gallery everyone.

That is amazing,  congratulations to you all.

:partytime:

There's lots of room for more so let's make these last two weeks of this special GB count :thumbsup:

Cheers Pat

• Like 5

Perfect!! During physio yesterday there was an audible crack from my right shoulder, a moment of pain and now I have a dull shoulder ache but my right arm seems back. The flat needs a good clean but I'll be back on the bench later today.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2022 at 6:25 AM, Enzo Matrix said:

Ya think??!?  :lol:  

*French Accent On* 

"Ay Don't Think - Ay Know!" 

*French Accent Off* 

(Those in Australia and France and those in the Submarine Industry know where that Quote comes from ...) 

• Haha 2

Ended up with this on Saturday, from Nantwich Antiques market;

52143080000_7e0bfcab92_z.jpg20220611_125807 by Dan Hardy, on Flickr

Been after it for a while, at a good price. This was £15 which I'm pretty pleased with, especially as it is still shrinkwrapped. Although, with a week to go, I won't get it into this group build, I am very tempted to start it fairly soon. Which is more than can be said for the Tamiya Dragon Wagon which I picked up from the same stall for £60! Its actually for Father's Day, but no idea when I will get round to it, as that will require some serious thought and preparation!

• Like 3

9057-E3-A6-7-FB4-47-AF-B353-D27-F7-FDE56

92490EBC-AB24-49A9-BFBA-01AD3CCC7C98.jpg

D6343951-03A0-49DA-A86B-843BBC717DDC.jpg

Well I’m glad to say I got my three matchbox builds done in time. It was fun  to build some of the kits from my youth only this time properly :) 

A very enjoyable GB all thanks to the organisers.

• Like 6

Brilliant job @Marklothese builds are an absolute credit to you.

However the most important thing is that I really hoped you enjoyed yourself during the GB, as a host that makes it all worthwhile :like:

Cheers Pat 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What an epic Group Build. I've never built so many kits in such a short time. It's been a blast.

With my Noresman just going into the Gallery, I'm calling quits for this GB, the others just won't get done in time and I don't want to rush them. Those fallen by the wayside, but started, include a Privateer a Victor, and a pair of '57 Chevys. Bought with the intention of building, but not making it out the boxes include a Lancaster, Meteor,  Stranraer, He111 and so on and so on. They should all make an appearance in Matchbox III, this time it's serious, coming to a Forum near you some time in the future.

Thank you Pat and Dave, I've had a great time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As a vote is probably beyond most peoples mental cognition ( myself especially) , there are just so many great builds. Maybe the gallery could be left open and we could throw the odd Matchbox build in from time to time. I still have a few like the Siskin and the Wellesley that I would like to track down and build again.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

Thanks to Pat and Dave for great GB and all the encouragement along the way . The gallery is awesome . Thanks also to all who joined in for adding to the fun . 

Martin H

• Like 3

Thanks to Pat and Dave for hosting,  I am not going to finish mine, slightly ashamed that so many have built multiple builds and I am only still doing the one, but hey ho, work, family and life means I can't devote the sort of time I would have wanted.  Thanks to the persons who have commented on my build, congratulations to all those who finished theirs too. There has been some lovely builds. 

Chris

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Thanks to Pat and Dave for hosting,  I am not going to finish mine, slightly ashamed that so many have built multiple builds and I am only still doing the one, but hey ho, work, family and life means I can't devote the sort of time I would have wanted.  Thanks to the persons who have commented on my build, congratulations to all those who finished theirs too. There has been some lovely builds. 

Chris

A cracking effort non the less Chris I'm sure you will finish it in good time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1