Matchbox the 50th Anniversary GB Chat

5 minutes ago, Adrian Hills said:

Am busy doing quite a bit of modelling but its just the photographs and keeping an eye on all other’s work that I find was taking time away from the workbench.

Sounds like you’d make a good GB host Adrian!! This is going to be one hell of a ride and I am hoping that Pat and I do manage to find that elusive “Build time’. Fingers crossed and another 1/32 Tiggie, sounds like a great addition here. 
Cheers.. Dave. 

2 hours ago, Adrian Hills said:

Am busy doing quite a bit of modelling

Well you were always a handsome chap in a rugged way, but both you and the Moth are very welcome to join us, or do I need to go through your agent now ? :wink:

Cheers Pat 

• Haha 1

Pat and Dave, 'I can resist anything, except temptation'. I will do it.

First I need the acceptance that my kit is less than 25% built. As you can see from the images below I have done a little work on the interior, glued the floats and the engine together.

IMG_6175[10264]

I could use the standing chap to be a mini-diorama with him by the radio control box. And yes that is a telephone dial on it. I took a few photos a while ago at the De Havilland Museum.

IMG_0227 mm

IMG_0237

• Like 2

I have done this conversion before in 1/72

IMG_0269

I could always put a fat bloke in a hat looking at the float equipped aircraft on the gantry. That is what the railway bits are for as seen with the components in my previous post.

Winston_Churchill_and_the_Secretary_of_State_for_War_waiting_to_see_the_launch_of_a_de_Havilland_Queen_Bee_radio-controlled_target_drone,_6_June_1941._H10307

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Adrian Hills said:

Pat and Dave, 'I can resist anything, except temptation'. I will do it.

First I need the acceptance that my kit is less than 25% built. As you can see from the images below I have done a little work on the interior, glued the floats and the engine together.

IMG_6175[10264]

I could use the standing chap to be a mini-diorama with him by the radio control box. And yes that is a telephone dial on it. I took a few photos a while ago at the De Havilland Museum.

IMG_0227 mm

IMG_0237

Hi Adrian

Definitely below 25%, please start a build thread,  best of luck.

Cheers Pat

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adrian Hills said:

As you can see from the images below I have done a little work on the interior,

Never mind that Adrian tell us the secret of using colemans mustard on those wing's it seems to work a treat:evil_laugh:

• Haha 2

Pat ( @JOCKNEY ), apparently you have provoked me digging out my old RFI thread on Hungarian He 170... I think this could be a good reason to join the GB with Revell rebox of He 70, in Spanish Civil War colors... :). There are also Heyford and Privateer  in stash, but I am not sure if I am ready for it...

Regards

J-W

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

Hear hear; having to wait until Saturday seems a waste of enforced, virus-dependant time off!

Just go online and search for another Matchbox kit to build…. Oh how I love spending others peoples money! 

• Haha 3

I checked my notes from the last Matchbox GB

I built and completed 7 models

I have 2 which stalled; a Hawker Siddeley Hawk (about 80% done) and the Strikemaster converted to a JP5 (about 90% done, problem with paint job)

There are 3 which never got started at all. I've brought 2 of them into this GB, the two Sepecat Jaguar kits. The other kit not started is the AW Siskin. I may bring that one in at a later time

I have set up threads for 4 builds so far. As I complete each one another kit will or might be added so there is a rolling-4 threads as we go on

I wonder if I can better my previous Matchbox model completion tally?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Just 2 more sleeps until this GB starts,  is anyone else getting excited  ? :penguin:

Cheers Pat

What?  You're going to bed tonight?  The GB starts at midnight! 

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

You all know our 'PK'  Tilted Matchbox threads will be swamped by 2022 Airfix release whinging posts, two days after we make an official start!   

Hopefully not in our GB thread !

Don't worry we can both hide behind @Enzo Matrix:tomato:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TonyW said:

Never mind June 6th. Today is the Longest Day!

Indeed - I am feeling a little guilty as I couldn't wait and took some of my Harrier pieces off the runners for a fit check. It's lovely of course.

I needed the runners to stretch some sprue, Guv'nor, honest! 🤫

• Haha 3

Sods law has struck this week as usual 🤣

Trying to clear the bench, to get ready, but the Lotus 97t is sitting there goading me while it waits for the decals I thought I'd ordered but hadn't 😒

It's a few hours away from finish and I don't want to put it back on the shelf of doom as I'll leave it again

Busy all weekend as well, so I'll be watching from the sidelines for a few days longer I'm afraid :) 

Should be a great GB :)

Ian

• Like 2