Matchbox the 50th Anniversary GB Chat

2 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

include a photograph of what you've done and we'll discuss it over a Beer and / or Scotch ... don't worry, we are nice chaps! 

Cheers.. Dave  

preferably Toohey's Old and Glenfiddich I hope.

• Thanks 1

On 19/11/2021 at 00:33, Ratch said:

Without looking at re-boxes I have

PK-1 Hawker Fury 1

PK-84 Stuart M3/A1 ‘Honey’

PK-105 Supermarine Walrus Mk II

PK-114 BAC Lightning F.6

PK-125 UC-64 Noorduyn Norseman

PK-402 Wellington Mk.X

PK-551 Handley Page Victor B2R

40079 M24 Chaffee

40089 M-7 HMC 105mm “Priest”

40180 Sturmgeschütz IV

Are AFVs allowed?

Absolutely AFVs are allowed the more the merrier 

:cheers: cheers Pat

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marcel said:

Hi guys, I should have a Fury somewhere in my stash. Would you mind if I join the party?

And I think there is a Revell Walrus hidden somewhere plus an AMT Spitfire IX (if these count).

You are most welcome Marcel, thanks for checking in and declaring your hand. The Fury is an absolute Matchbox Classic so that will be great to see. I’d also say that your Walrus and Spit IX are no doubt original Matchbox moulds, so we are very happy to have those included as well. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thank you @Rabbit Leader for responding to my questions.  The kit is the Siskin, and though the main wing is not attached, the lower one is, as is the landing gear framework (but not the wheels).  

If sub-assemblies not attached to the main body count against the '25% rule' then this project does not meet the criteria.  The engine has been completely rebuilt, and is composed of approximately 206 parts.   I think is safe to say that is well over half the parts for the entire model, even though am still in the process of designing replacement parts to be custom photo etched. 

For decals, I have redesigned a complete set for a Canadian subject, including stencils and stitching, the latter of which still needs to be sanded off the plastic.

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG

4 hours ago, Rob S said:

That almost sounds like a line out of a “Carry On” Film. 

Or something you’ll see in a completely different forum altogether. Now I know we all have our fantasies, but a Priest… surely not!!! 

15 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Or something you’ll see in a completely different forum altogether. Now I know we all have our fantasies, but a Priest… surely not!!! 

And don't call me Shirley

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Yes Shirley an AFV Forum where the Bishop’s feelings were hurt when the Priest waa fancied and so he fired off at the Sexton ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Absolutely AFVs are allowed the more the merrier 

:cheers: cheers Pat

I’m planning on doing the T34, not sure it will add any merriment but you never know.

On 20/11/2021 at 12:41, PhantomBigStu said:

Can’t back out now, eBay has just told me I’ve won original matchbox victor :) 

1 hour ago, jackroadkill said:

Oh, that was you, was it?!

6 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Think there were a couple for auction, I’ve got the one with missing decals. 

Calm down guys, I believe they made quite a few of them ! :giggle:

Did you get the other one Jack ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Did you get the other one Jack ?

No, I decided to take a punt on one and leave it at that - I've learned the hard way to avoid buying something at all costs.  And this way I get to watch you wrangle the beggar into submission!

• Haha 1

On 11/16/2021 at 8:21 PM, Rabbit Leader said:

If its the one that was initially issued as PK-127 (https://www.scalemates.com/topics/topic.php?id=1324) than, most definitely- YES! . We will accept any boxing of that initial kit. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Yes, PK-127, 3 sprues in grey, black and white. To be built as a Brymon example.

On 18/11/2021 at 23:45, Rabbit Leader said:

Nice choices @Enzo Matrix and seeing as if you’re going down the sequential path with PK-101 and 102, might I add that the next two in numerical order would be PK-103 Bristol Beaufighter and PK-104 Curtiss Helldiver. You are most welcome to add those two as well! 

Cheers and nice to have you aboard.. Dave 

Matchbox themselves are thinking along the same lines, although they want me to build a Walrus.

spacer.png

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, mike romeo said:

Hi Pat,

Please add me to the build.  No idea what I'll build, but there should be plenty of choice.

Rgds

Martin

Great to have you with us Martin, place wouldn't be the same without you :like:

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1