Matchbox the 50th Anniversary GB Chat

36 minutes ago, CliffB said:

I know @JOCKNEY owns a full sized one

Now look what you’ve done Cliff. This excellent box top will just encourage our forever reminiscing host to roll out that old faded favourite family photo once again! C’mon Pat, let’s see it for the xxxth time!! 
Cheers.. (are rather envious) Dave 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CliffB said:

I shall be going down the car route.

P1110357.JPG

I know @JOCKNEY owns a full sized one in red/tan, but at the moment I'm thinking maybe black/green for my example :footy:

Cheers

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Now look what you’ve done Cliff. This excellent box top will just encourage our forever reminiscing host to roll out that old faded favourite family photo once again! C’mon Pat, let’s see it for the xxxth time!! 
Cheers.. (are rather envious) Dave 

Well it would be just rude not to...

IMG_3115

By the way, the shorts are currently touring with AC/DC !

IMG_6193

cheers Pat

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This beauty just turned up, box still sealed and in immaculate condition (and not silly money). Even though I’ve had 2 huge stashes and sold both off (now working on 3rd), don’t ever remember having this before. Will it get built? Who knows?

51670956367_ec135bca2c_b.jpg

SD

• Like 3

Nice pick-up @Swamp Donkey. Now I’ve had an original Heyford kit that was lovingly given to me by my sister for my 12th Birthday. It still sits unbuilt and will probably say that way for quite some time to come. Good luck with yours SD, it’s a lovely kit and another fantastic Matchbox subject choice. 
Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Swamp Donkey said:

Naughty postman

Now that is very Naughty indeed. Now I can’t recall us having any Privateer’s being completed in the last Matchbox GB, so this (along with Jockney’s) would be great to see being built together. 
Cheers and best of luck.. Dave 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 10:46 AM, PhantomBigStu said:

Tempted despite the fact I have the Airfix Victor K2 in the stash to have a go at the old one in this, though memories of my last unsuccessful attempt to get the canopy to fit is putting a dampener on it…..

Also now having a bit of an existential crises over the lack of space, but think I might just once a slight cull, rearrange and possible selling of some diecast have room for one more big build, in which case hard to say no to doing the victor come the new year…..

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Also how have I managed to get to my second Matchbox Gb without noticing the Tempest kit can be built as II? Think regardless of whether I do a victor or not that’s one to do.

From memory, the Matchbox Tempest was the most popular choice of kit build in our last GB with six being completed over the long duration. It's a lovely little kit and I suspect a few more will get built this time around too! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/13/2021 at 10:02 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Yeah Im planning on a Mk.II Tempest and one or two other kits. 

But if you don't get to build that one next year save it for the year after and the Tornado, Typhoon, Tempest, Fury, Sea Fury GB which will surely get through the Bunfight and into the 2023 GB Schedule!  

(TTTFSF GB Talking up a Big Game already!  Ha ha ha ha ha ,,,) 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TimJ said:

It was all there. I did ask if I could check before handing the money over. It was the first one I've seen for ages. 

Excellent . I'm delighted for you . Just wish I'd been brave enough to buy it .

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TimJ said:

It was all there. I did ask if I could check before handing the money over. It was the first one I've seen for ages. 

That's a cracking buy and we all look forward to seeing this build in a few months time.  Good get and very well done! 

Cheers.. Dave 

24 minutes ago, rs2man said:

Excellent . I'm delighted for you . Just wish I'd been brave enough to buy it .

Hopefully another kit (or another Matchbox Car model) may come your way before this GB kicks off. 

Although a dedicated aircraft modeller myself, I'm delighted to see good interest in Matchbox's excellent range of non-aero subjects. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

Definitely mad but think I’m dead set on the victor now, was tempted to try and do the Canberra again but seeing the prices the Revell rebox is going for think I think I’ll hold out for Airfix to reissue theirs. And my spidy senses (or maybe the Bourbon) is telling me it will be announced in jan.

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

HS.MK-1 Harrier PK-16 as a starter for me - there are bits missing, which means it'll have to be in-flight and on its stand. Lovely.

It won't be original decals as they are long gone though.

Can't wait! 😀

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 12:27 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

Now the Flower Class corvette would be an excellent choice and ideally suited to the six month duration of this Group Build. I’d love to see someone have a crack at one of these. Any takers out there?

I did mention that I had the kit and suggested that someone choosing to build it might be a bit mad to do so, but if someone can tell me what would constitute a 25% start beforehand I could go for it.

And no, I have no idea where it's going once built...

IanJ

• Like 1

Now that the 2022 calendar is up, would this be an acceptable entry, Pat??

The kit has been in my stash a very long time. 

spacer.png

(However, I also have the Revell re-box, because the original decals are completely shot, so I could use the Canadian Air Ambulance

decals from that boxing for the Matchbox original, and then use the US Army ones for the UC-64A version on the Revell kit.........)

spacer.png

What do you think?  The timescale Enzo has specified (January to May 2022) might even give me the chance to do both......

Thanks,

Philip

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Prenton said:

What do you think?  The timescale Enzo has specified (January to May 2022) might even give me the chance to do both......

The Norseman is a great Matchbox kit. I’ve built this twice as a lad and have another stashed for some other time when the inspiration returns. The very generous (read long) period allowed for this GB would suggest that building just one Matchbox kit might not be enough. If you are anything like the rest of us Classic kit tragic’s, you’ll end up owning more Matchbox kits after this GB then what you started with! 

Cheers and best of luck with the Norseman/men. 

• Haha 2