Matchbox the 50th Anniversary GB Chat

Yes please for me too Pat I have a siskin lurking round here somewhere for starters,  this will be a good excuse for a Seafox too 

Thank you

Chris

Edit - just had a look in the deep stash  and located a Stranraer, Heyford, 32nd scale Revell Lysander and a Matchbox Sea Venom, to choose from , wahoo.

• Like 1

Sign me up there's a few Matchbox kit's I never got round to building especially their 1/32 releases I'd have to say the Lysander would be

my number one target, hell it can't be a bigger challenge than their  1/32 Spitfire from the last GB and I've always promised myself a Heyford

one day!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, junglierating said:

How do I sign up for a gb....its my first time but cant turn down a matchbox offer

Effectively you just have! There is still many hurdles to go through before this actual GB becomes official, however stating your intentions here is the best place to start. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CliffB said:

Yes please Pat.  Time to dust off the MG TC (unless someone else is going to build one :wicked:?)

Cheers

You have a very good memory Cliff, mines been in the stash quite a while !

IMG_3115

Cheers Pat

• Like 4

Unless Revell hike the prices of their AFV's yet again count me in. Seriously I'm in.. Although 1972 is the 50'th anniversary of a two year break from plastic modelling for me. I don't think I made any models during my two years studying for my HND. I made up for it in 1974 when I spent a year living in a bed sit. During that year I played catch up on these new multi coloured kits.

• Like 2

• JOCKNEY changed the title to Matchbox the 50th Anniversary GB (Only 3 more needed)
  • JOCKNEY changed the title to Matchbox the 50th Anniversary GB (Only 2 more needed)
  • JOCKNEY changed the title to Matchbox the 50th Anniversary GB (Only 1 more needed)
4 hours ago, Foxbat said:

Don't know how I've managed to miss this one up until now but you best put my name down too :)

Andy

Great to have you with us Andy

Only one more needed !

cheers Pat

25 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great to have you with us Andy

Only one more needed !

cheers Pat

One day I'll have my son join BM just to get that one more member for these occasions - but Shirley I can't do that, can't I or should I :wicked:

• Haha 2

Can I be the one more needed?

I'm on a nostalgia fest and this fits in perfectly! It'll probably be a classic AFV with diorama base... 😃

All the best,

Ian

• Like 3

I'm in for this one. I remember when Matchbox kits first appeared in a local newsagents. I bought a Gladiator and my brother bought a Lysander. We must have built most of the smaller kits between us back in the day and I've built a some Revell repops since.

• JOCKNEY changed the title to Matchbox the 50th Anniversary GB (31 in, but the more the merrier)
21 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Dear Mr @Enzo Matrix

I believe we now have enough members to go forward into the next GB vote ?

Nope.   It's not going into the Bunfight for next year.  :fraidnot:  

I believe a 50th anniversary is significant enough for it to skip the bunfight altogether.  This will count as a Classic GB for 2022. :lol:

I have already promised that the Revellogram GB would get a Classic slot so it looks like 2022 will have two classic GBs.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Nope.   It's not going into the Bunfight for next year.  :fraidnot:  

I believe a 50th anniversary is significant enough for it to skip the bunfight altogether.  This will count as a Classic GB for 2022. :lol:

I have already promised that the Revellogram GB would get a Classic slot so it looks like 2022 will have two classic GBs.  :thumbsup: 

@Enzo Matrix, you are an absolute gentleman thank you so much.

Congratulations everyone 5 days from a standing start into next years GB calendar !

:partytime:

Cheers Pat

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• JOCKNEY changed the title to Matchbox the 50th Anniversary GB (2022 confirmed, all welcome) )

Well done Pat, five days from initial post to Enzo confirmation, that must be a GB record I would say.. well done. 

Now part of the joy of participating in BM GB’s is sparring away with the various GB hosts and you’ll probably find that a number of your Matchbox disciples have just joined along because you’re running the show. Now although I’m slowly recovering from a bout of GB-non finish-itis, I’m thinking of raising ones hand to join you as co-host. The good-cop / bad-cop paring seemed to make the Frog GB work, so can’t see why this wouldn’t be a raving success as well. Anyway... the offer’s there, but expires as soon as I regain my senses! 

Cheers and well played.. Dave (.. must be Beer o’clock down here!)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Well done Pat, five days from initial post to Enzo confirmation, that must be a GB record I would say.. well done. 

Now part of the joy of participating in BM GB’s is sparring away with the various GB hosts and you’ll probably find that a number of your Matchbox disciples have just joined along because you’re running the show. Now although I’m slowly recovering from a bout of GB-non finish-itis, I’m thinking of raising ones hand to join you as co-host. The good-cop / bad-cop paring seemed to make the Frog GB work, so can’t see why this wouldn’t be a raving success as well. Anyway... the offer’s there, but expires as soon as I regain my senses! 

Cheers and well played.. Dave (.. must be Beer o’clock down here!)

Hi Dave

I would be honoured if you would join me as Co-host for this GB, really glad the hugely successful Frog Squad GB didn't put you off the idea !

Whats the Matchbox equivalent of the Rita / Renzan ? :frantic:

Cheers Pat

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Dave

I would be honoured if you would join me as Co-host for this GB, really glad the hugely successful Frog Squad GB didn't put you off the idea !

Whats the Matchbox equivalent of the Rita / Renzan ? :frantic:

Cheers Pat

Thanks Pat... you’ve just accepted my esteemed services within the fast expiring deadline. OMG, what have I just done! 

mmmm... equivalent to the Rita, well Matchbox’s elusive Privateer would appear to look similar and I’m sure it’ll look smashing painted ‘Orange’!! 

We’ll have to see what we’ve both got. Whilst in my recent BM hibernation, I’ve been toying away with a Matchbox Wellington so the Matchbox juices are running slightly high at the moment, although a certain Airfix naughty new tool has taken over the work bench! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lots of time for us all to look in the Stash for relevant victims, whoops candidates to build.

Worryingly I might actually have a Privateer in the Stash.

Of course I could put it to a vote like last time, which was good fun, although the loss of control is a little frightening !

I'm really enjoying your Beaufort build, whilst trying to deal with the jealousy of the fact you have managed to bag 2 already and just to rub it in, on the cheap !

cheers Pat