Matchbox the 50th Anniversary GB Chat

On 06/09/2021 at 11:31, Richard Tucker said:

y4mN-RIJ_M3K9OktPGAy6uUcYP3x_BloODMivpnC

Strut-tastic, my goodness you don't want to make this easy on yourself do you !

I'm in the same boat with a just started and long forgotten Stranraer but never even started a Heyford. 

Excellent choices both :like:

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

Golly this one will be EPIC.

I really enjoyed the Heller GB so please sign me up for this one too. 

I don't quite the impressive stock of MB kits that some of you do, although i certainly built my share of them as a kid in the 80s.

But I will join with at least one and maybe more of:

. the Churchill bridgelaying tank

. the Victor tanker (revell boxing though)

. the Auto Union racing car from the 1930s

. the MG TC kit

That's about all I have in the stash but hey, it's more than enough for one GB!

I hope there's a way that the GB can go for a while so we can really see a huge production of these wonderful old kits!

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 4:27 PM, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Tim

I'm confident the host can be persuaded to let your Victor join the GB when the time comes.

Between now and the GB starting is an idea opportunity to find it and see if it's still complete. 

Cheers Pat

I'll have a look to see if it's all there but I'm not sure it'll make an appearance as there are other Matchbox kits in the stash that I'd rather build.

In other news, as my stash is somewhat lacking in Matchbox AFVs I  bought these Revell repops for the grand price of £21 including p&p.

51459729364_067b0a7ff8_c.jpgDSCF2517 by timothy jones, on Flickr

I've built a couple of Wespes in the past but the Priest and M40 are two that I missed out on previously.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

If it's alright, I'd like to join in this as well. Like some others, I have a surplus of Matchbox kits available to contribute.

I have other Matchbox in other boxes but this the thickest concentration I could find.

P1010066_zps2wh9nqbg.jpg?width=1920&heig

P1010067_zpshzhpcvdo.jpg?width=1920&heig

thumbnail_(271).jpeg?width=1920&height=1

Looking forward to this.

Edited by Allan31
  • Like 6

On 4/11/2021 at 9:17 AM, Ozzy said:

Count me In for this one please.

With my current record for not starting GBs I said I'd take part in, and getting heavily involved in non-modelling stuff, I daren't commit to anything these days; but this is one I would love to do. Here's hoping Fate keeps it's nose out next year.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Natter said:

With my current record for not starting GBs I said I'd take part in, and getting heavily involved in non-modelling stuff, I daren't commit to anything these days; but this is one I would love to do. Here's hoping Fate keeps it's nose out next year.

You can do it Dave,

a nice little 2 colour kit, you can chip away over a few months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Natter said:

I promise personal coaching to get you over the finish line   :fight: :wink:

Cheers Pat

15 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

I promise personal coaching to get you over the finish line   :fight: :wink:

Cheers Pat

Don't... make... me.........

Resistance... is... futile..........

• Haha 1

On 08/10/2021 at 14:26, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon

Do we already know when this Gb will take place ? 

Patrice   

On 08/10/2021 at 15:18, Allan31 said:

Yes, 2023 I believe.....

Nope, this is just around the corner in 2022 🙂. V-P

• Like 2

I feel an itch to double my Matchbox kit number to two :hmmm:. It might be nice to build one the way Matchbox wanted it, showing unpainted plastic in three colors and otherwise out of the box too, and the other one the same kit with :whistle: some improvements and paint. But those kits are coming so hard to find :weep:.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Nope, this is just around the corner in 2022 🙂. V-P

Good afternoon VP 

Thank I will try to build this set 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/matchbox-40173-lrdg-30cwt-chevrolet-willys-jeep--1097074

I had planned to build it for the MTO GB III but I didn’t have time and I hope that I will manage to build it next year ...

Best Regards 

Patrice 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 19:23, vppelt68 said:

I feel an itch to double my Matchbox kit number to two :hmmm:. It might be nice to build one the way Matchbox wanted it, showing unpainted plastic in three colors and otherwise out of the box too, and the other one the same kit with :whistle: some improvements and paint. But those kits are coming so hard to find :weep:.

Hi V-P

PM sent, you might need to provide the gluey fingerprints yourself   :rofl2:

Cheers Pat

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

With that in mind, does anyone know the date that the Matchbox Fury PK-1 was released?

There was some discussion about Manufacturing, Presentation, and Distribution timeframes on Pages 3 and 4 but I don’t think an actual “Release” date was nailed down. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Do we have a list of who will be building what by any chance? Or is it too early for that? I have trouble deciding which kit(s) I'm going to torture for this group build 🤔

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Desk Flyer said:

Do we have a list of who will be building what by any chance? Or is it too early for that? I have trouble deciding which kit(s) I'm going to torture for this group build 🤔

We have a list of who's building at the front of this thread, hopefully to be joined by others as we go. ( the more the merrier :like: )

As for what people are building, :shrug:  that's a bit like, knowing what's in the presents 🎁  under the Christmas tree 🎄  it would take all the fun out of it !

As for choosing which kit, I'll refer to our GB Tsar, @Enzo Matrix, altogether now...

Build...