Matchbox the 50th Anniversary GB Chat

Please can I be added to the list. I have no idea what I'm going to build for this one, but my stash is riddled with Matchbox reboxings.

Cheers,

Tom

• Like 1

On 06/05/2021 at 06:16, Tomjw said:

Please can I be added to the list. I have no idea what I'm going to build for this one, but my stash is riddled with Matchbox reboxings.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom

Welcome to the Matchbox GB, great to hear you have lots to choose from.

19 hours ago, erniewise said:

Got it! And for less than a tenner.

Ah the memories...

Roll on 2022.

Swordfish

Great choice Ernie, always a wonderful feeling when you get a bargain !

Cheers Pat

• Like 2

Hi Pat,

just wondering if there's room for me as well? I've got a couple of Matchbox originals in my stash, a Buffalo and a P-12E, but might cast around for something else. Also, is there any restriction on adding aftermarket etc?

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Hi Pat,

just wondering if there's room for me as well? I've got a couple of Matchbox originals in my stash, a Buffalo and a P-12E, but might cast around for something else. Also, is there any restriction on adding aftermarket etc?

Cheers,

Mark

Glad to have you onboard Mark and to answer your question there’s no restriction to AM items, decals etc. We just ask that the bulk of the base kit is all Matchbox and can be easily identified by one of their classic ‘PK’  numbers. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Glad to have you onboard Mark and to answer your question there’s no restriction to AM items, decals etc. We just ask that the bulk of the base kit is all Matchbox and can be easily identified by one of their classic ‘PK’  numbers. 
Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks, Dave, that's brilliant! Looking forward to taking part :) 

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

Well I looked in the loft and indeed I have both lightnings (the F6 and T5 versions)

Had a good look at them but I still haven't got any yearning to build anything that takes to the skies, so I put them back with the rest of the aircraft and started trawling the net to see what else was available without paying through the nose for a kit that was originally bought with your pocket money, glued together on a Saturday morning and painted in the afternoon, happy memories :) 

I found this could be delivered to my door for £12 which I thought was ok, so this is what my offering will be :) 

It's all there and apart from the number 10s for the doors being very yellow (which don't need to be added) It's in great condition. I just need to resist the urge to start building it now before the GB :) 

20210514_183556_resized

• Like 5

Just loved these kits when i was a kid staring at all the colorful parts, they  rearly made a difference to the the Airfix kits.

Will look in my starsh for an old one.

😀

Cheers

Jes

Edited by Touvdal
  • Like 3

Hi Pat and Dave,

Just to broaden my possible horizons a bit I've got a P-40N and Beaufighter Mk.X on their way, both kits that figured in my formative years.

Looking forward to taking part in this GB!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 2996 Victor said:

Hi Pat and Dave,

Just to broaden my possible horizons a bit I've got a P-40N and Beaufighter Mk.X on their way, both kits that figured in my formative years.

Looking forward to taking part in this GB!

Cheers,

Mark

Excellent stuff Mark, I’ve had / built both in my youth as well, although I think I tried some early modifications to the Beau which didn’t quite work out. We will look forward to seeing them when this GB eventually kicks off. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

On 14/05/2021 at 19:41, Redstaff said:

Well I looked in the loft and indeed I have both lightnings (the F6 and T5 versions)

Had a good look at them but I still haven't got any yearning to build anything that takes to the skies, so I put them back with the rest of the aircraft and started trawling the net to see what else was available without paying through the nose for a kit that was originally bought with your pocket money, glued together on a Saturday morning and painted in the afternoon, happy memories :) 

I found this could be delivered to my door for £12 which I thought was ok, so this is what my offering will be :) 

It's all there and apart from the number 10s for the doors being very yellow (which don't need to be added) It's in great condition. I just need to resist the urge to start building it now before the GB :) 

20210514_183556_resized

Outstanding choice even if I am a little biased !

IMG_2956

Cheers Pat

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Outstanding choice even if I am a little biased !

IMG_2956

Cheers Pat

Lovely photo, Pat! TA or TC? This is our family heirloom:

http://TC0001a.jpg

Being driven by my dear departed Dad in this photo, taken in 1995 at Longleat in Wiltshire. Still running, but the coachwork is getting very scruffy and in need of TLC.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Lovely photo, Pat! TA or TC? This is our family heirloom:

http://TC0001a.jpg

Being driven by my dear departed Dad in this photo, taken in 1995 at Longleat in Wiltshire. Still running, but the coachwork is getting very scruffy and in need of TLC.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark

TC, With me aged 18 months.

Also a family heirloom trying to get it back on the road this year after 52 years in hibernation  !

I'll drop you a PM.

Apologies @Redstaff but you started it !

Cheers Pat 

• Like 4

Count me in please. Have a few matchbox kits in the stash, but will have to try and track down something special for this as matchbox featured so heavily in my formative modelling years.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rafwaffe said:

Count me in please. Have a few matchbox kits in the stash, but will have to try and track down something special for this as matchbox featured so heavily in my formative modelling years.

You are very welcome and #55 on the list of participants  !

This is going to be a biggie :like:

Cheers Pat 

• Thanks 1

Hello Pat,

My sincere apologies for the lack of contact. Two years from hell. 

I know that my record of being in group builds is poor now. However, I have a lovely Matchbox Mosquito, right here by the side of the bed, ideal for this.

Please could you consider putting me in?

Also send me a message - I'm not quite myself and not very good with IT at the moment. It would be great to catch up with you.
All the best

TonyT

• Like 3

Hi @TonyTiger66 and @MsModeller

Great to have both of you with us.

Tony I'll catch up soon, and both you and the Mosquito are very welcome.

Hi Ms Modeller

You should be fine with getting the F-16 in time as we aren't starting till next year, feel free to join in with any of the current GBs in the meantime there's no need to wait !

Cheers Pat

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Hi Pat,

Please don't forget to add me to the list! Wouldn't want to get left behind ;)

Cheers,

Mark

Great to have you with us Mark, you are very welcome. 

Cheers Pat

• Thanks 1

On 09/03/2021 at 09:03, JOCKNEY said:

@Rabbit Leader aka Dave

Has brought our attention to the fact that if his calculations and history are correct, 2022 is the 50th anniversary of the first Matchbox (Lesney Products) kit releases. Yet another one of those great British plastic kit manufacturers now lost to childhood memories. 

So anyone up for another Matchbox Classic GB ?

Cheers Pat

List of Fame :like:

1. @JOCKNEY  Host

2. @theplasticsurgeon

3. @vppelt68

4. @TEMPESTMK5

5. @Rabbit Leader  Co-host

6. @Heather Kay

7. @DaveyGair

8. @nimrod54

9. @Jinxman

10. @Jb65rams

11. @malpaso

12. @Mjwomack

13. @Corsairfoxfouruncle

14. @Ray S

15. @Black Knight

16. @Marklo

17. @rafalbert

18. @Bonhoff

19. @Pete F

20. @cmatthewbacon

21. @CliffB

22. @Arniec

23. @bigbadbadge

24. @stevej60

25. @junglierating

26. @Paul821

27. @Angus Tura

28. @airfixpeter

29. @Foxbat

30. @IanC

31. @TimJ

32. @John Masters

33. @klr

34. @Ventora3300

35. @Robert Stuart

36. @Thom216

37. @Desk Flyer

38. @AdrianMF

39. @Wez

40. @ijs302

41. @Rob S

42. @Richard Tucker

43. @TonyW

44. @Mike Dean

45. @fightersweep

46. @Grandboof

47. @Ozzy

48. @Joecool

49. @erniewise

50. @Redstaff

51. @Joecool

52. @GREG DESTEC

53. @Pin

54. @Tomjw

55. @Rafwaffe

56. @TonyTiger66

57. @MsModeller

58. @2996 Victor

Please note all reboxings of Matchbox kits are naturally included.

Hey Pat

I've been waiting for this day for over 30 years and now a dream has come true 🤗

One of my first models was of course one from Matchbox (who, by the way, also built much better model cars than, for example, the shabby ones from Hot Weels) 😁
Ok- I reacted immediately and got myself an original kit from 1974, so pleeeeeease put me on the list!!!
It's unbelievable...

MD

spacer.png

spacer.png

See you!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1