Frog Squad II GB Chat

JOCKNEY

50 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Was it that obvious Pat?? 

Actually I had a better look at the Beaufreighter kit this morning and I think I’m warming to it. Just need to find the time and a few hefty handsaws to attack those sprue gates and remove all the flash! 

Oops, I’m getting a bit over excited there - no pressure to do the Beaufreighter during this GB, of course, as there is no connection to a Frog mould (from what I can see on Scalemates). As has happened many times before to me, it’s an aircraft and a kit manufacturer that I’ve never heard of until now! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ventora3300 said:

As has happened many times before to me, it’s an aircraft and a kit manufacturer that I’ve never heard of until now! 

To be fair, High Planes Models are a short run manufacturer of kits and accessories which need a fair bit of prep work, however with time and effort can be built up into very satisfying models.  

This model includes injection modeled plastic with large sprue gates and a fair amount of flash. There’s white metal undercarriage and other detail parts that are actually quite nice. The nose transparencies are vac formed, however to the same excellent standard as Squadron / Falcon. 

40 odd Aussie Beauforts were converted into transport aircraft and quite a number served late in the war across the Pacific theatre. 

If you can find a cheap one Mike, go for it! 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Ventora3300 said:

Oops, I’m getting a bit over excited there - no pressure to do the Beaufreighter during this GB, of course, as there is no connection to a Frog mould (from what I can see on Scalemates). As has happened many times before to me, it’s an aircraft and a kit manufacturer that I’ve never heard of until now! 

You would have to ask Greg Meggs what he may have used as the basis of his Master.  

For example from (bad) memory I thought Graeme told me Greg had used the Frog Mirage as the basis for his High Planes Mirage family Master so there is always the chance he may have used the Frog Beaufighter as the basis for the Beaufighter family Master.  

Rabbit Ears could of course cross kit the High Planes kit with a Frog Beaufighter and that should qualify for another entry from him into this GB. 

Yeah I know Bunny Leader I’ll get back in my box and contemplate how to make that HMS Incomparable from two Airfix Repulses left over from making one Royal Sovereign Battleship instead of resurrecting the “Frog” Lincoln. 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Yeah I know Bunny Leader I’ll get back in my box and contemplate how to make that HMS Incomparable from two Airfix Repulses left over from making one Royal Sovereign Battleship instead of resurrecting the “Frog” Lincoln

Or possibly Rob, just build one of your fourteen Novo Masters and try each decal sheet until you find one that doesn’t explode once immersed in water! 

53575064124_73ff0ee420_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

I know many of you don't have Facebook accounts, however someone in the UK has posted photos of a shop called ‘Avicraft’ thats got two Novo Shell Welders and even one in an original battered Frog Box! .. So if there’s any other masochists on here tempted to build one, perhaps a visit to this place might fill your cravings! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I know many of you don't have Facebook accounts, however someone in the UK has posted photos of a shop called ‘Avicraft’ thats got two Novo Shell Welders and even one in an original battered Frog Box! .. So if there’s any other masochists on here tempted to build one, perhaps a visit to this place might fill your cravings! 

is there a link?   Farcebook can be very difficult to find things on. 

On 08/03/2024 at 11:56, Rabbit Leader said:

and try each decal sheet until you find one that doesn’t explode once immersed in water! 

Has anyone tried Microscale Liquid decal film on any?  I'm not sure I have any Novo kits with decals or I'd try it myself.

On 3/8/2024 at 9:56 PM, Rabbit Leader said:

Or possibly Rob, just build one of your fourteen Novo Masters and try each decal sheet until you find one that doesn’t explode once immersed in water! 

One Photo of one Box in one Location.  Similar to Schrödinger's Cat how do you know for sure there aren't any more in other Boxes in other Locations?  

Edited by Rob S
  • Haha 1

Just been up in the loft doing some real world stuff and I retrieved this little bag of dereliction 

20240318_204406

When I got the Dora edition of the Percival Vega Gull in civil style, I tucked the bag of Novo in with it. Dora supply several decal options and paint schemes and the intention was to use some on this little Frog relic. 

I notice that there are NO TAKERS yet for the Proctor 341P kit, so I'm going to put a marker down and have a go 😇

• Like 9

I'm going to jump in (late!) with a D.H. Sea Venom if that's okay Pat and Dave? 🤞

• Like 2

Apologies for the lack of BM activity chaps, just needed a small break from it all but will jump on board in a few hours to check on everyone’s progress. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

All good @Nerazzurri, the Sea Venom is a popular kit, so jump on board, there’s plenty of time. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks Dave.

A token start was made last night (I really need to get this mojo sapping Scharnhorst off my bench) in anticipation of the green light.

I'll get a WIP up today.

Gavin.

• Like 3

On 27/03/2024 at 18:16, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I think its the new Frog based in Southeast Asia ? I believe they bought the logo and rights but not the molds. 

I hadn't realised that the Frog brand was still on the go with the original logo :like:

• 2 weeks later...

A question for the GB hosts.

Would a "what if"  be OK in this GB ?

What if Hermann Goring still flew during WW-2 and had his 109 painted overall white like his WW-1 Fokker.

81244288.JPG

Edited by Erwin
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Erwin said:

Would a "what if"  be OK in this GB ?

All good @Erwin, as long as it’s a Frog kit (as pictured above) you can paint it any colour you want. 

Cheers. Dave 

• Like 3