Frog Squad II GB Chat

JOCKNEY

On 1/7/2024 at 8:43 PM, Rabbit Leader said:

I am really impressed that those who have already posted their kit choices have included the Frog ‘F’ number as part of the thread title. This little addition makes it easy to spot a Frog GB thread for all of us to view and follow. 

Looking forward to the K.O. Dave and Pat!

Haven't made a helicopter since... about 1970... about time I did.

embed?resid=B0B7467F81D325AB!1710&authke

F247

Cheers,

Charlie

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Nice one Charlie 

Now which version are you planning on building ?

From memory there's a really nice classy looking one, or a dodgy looking thing with a marsupial on the side, I'm sure you'll make the right choice :whistle::wink:

Cheers Pat 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Now which version are you planning on building ?

Well, excellent as both the kit choices are :unsure:, I really fancy a yellow and blue RN scheme :D;

embed?resid=B0B7467F81D325AB!1711&authke

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Oops, this one must have fell off of my radar! As a contributor to the original Frog squad GB it would be rude not to participate in this one 😋

As I have no Frog(spawn) in the stash I may have to wait until the first show of the year to delve through what I call the ‘junk shop’ traders to see what bargains I can find!

Happy building guys!!

Ash

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Doccur said:

As I have no Frog(spawn) in the stash

Wot… that almost constitutes Blasphemy!! 

That’s fine Ash, it’s a long GB so I’m sure we’ll see your entry when you happen to buy something that suits. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So we (over on this part of the warm world) are within 24 hours of GB start :dog:

For a minute there I asked myself 'Why are we starting a GB on a Sunday?', then realised its only Friday you dummy and I've got to go back to work tomorrow!!  

Cheers and good luck to all of you bashing Frogs this Weekend (now that would probably come across differently on Facebook!).... Dave 🐸

• Haha 7

Hi everybody (Hi Dr. Nick!) (What?) Enough of that nonsense.

As somebody who has been lurking for many years, I think it is about time that, a) I stop lurking and try and participate, and b) I have (quite) a few Frog and spawn kits and would like to join in if I may.

I'm still learning how to use the forum, so go easy on me (or not). Have to sort out a hosting site, and then work out how to add them here. Oh, and sort out the cave/model room/guitar storage area so that I can get to the bench, then clean that bombsite up, THEN find the kits to figure out which one(s) I want to build.

I think that's enough for now.

Cheers,

Chris.

P.S. Like a lot on here, my build rate can be measured in eons, although that might be generous. lol.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, silverfox63 said:

Hi everybody (Hi Dr. Nick!) (What?) Enough of that nonsense.

As somebody who has been lurking for many years, I think it is about time that, a) I stop lurking and try and participate, and b) I have (quite) a few Frog and spawn kits and would like to join in if I may.

I'm still learning how to use the forum, so go easy on me (or not). Have to sort out a hosting site, and then work out how to add them here. Oh, and sort out the cave/model room/guitar storage area so that I can get to the bench, then clean that bombsite up, THEN find the kits to figure out which one(s) I want to build.

I think that's enough for now.

Cheers,

Chris.

P.S. Like a lot on here, my build rate can be measured in eons, although that might be generous. lol.

As a long time group build contributor I can say just start a thread and go for broke. The more the merrier. 

• Like 5

@silverfox63 welcome to Britmodeller and Group Building in general. Sounds like you’ve got a bit to do before you get going, however as Dennis says, just make a start and go for it.

This group build is not a competition, just a celebration of good old classic kits and a chance to reminisce in a little nostalgia along the way. By all means feel free to go to town on your chosen kit, but it’s all about participation and encouragement and personally I do not know any other forum or website that does it better.

You’re among good friends here so delve into that stash and give that chosen Frog kit a little life and bench time. 

Cheers and best of luck.. Dave 

• Like 5

Thanks Dave. I've just gone through most of the stash and found way more Frog and spawn kits than I realized I had, and there is still at least 1 more somewhere. I've taken a couple of pictures of the cave, will upload when I sort out a hosting service. The cave has been tidied enough that the bench is now in danger of a neatness, lol.

As for likely victims..err candidates, there are the following:

1 x F214 spawn Wellington,

4 x F172 Frog and spawn Shackletons, plus an Aeroclub MR2 conversion,

1 x F291 spawn Beaufighter MK XXI,

1 x F 271Frog Skyhawk, + one to rebuild/finish,

1 x F 233/237 Frog Spitfire MK IX,

1 x F194 Frog Spitfire XIV + V1,

1 x F203 spawn and 1 x Revell Canberra,

5 x F431 Vampire/F253 Sea Venoms/Aquillons of various parentage, + Tasman upgrade set, +a Frog Vampire that is only for comic relief.

1 x F186 P-51 MKII (+ one to repaint/decal) still to be accounted for.

Oh, and a F215 Frog 1/72 scale Lancaster.

I think that's it for now, more soon.

Cheers,

Chris.

P.S. 1x F177 Frog He-219 and

1 x F170 spawn P-61 in a Novo box I bought to put it in.

P.P.S. oh, only 23 now after an accurate count.

Edited by silverfox63
Curse my fit fangers. And more discoveries.
  • Like 11

Oh, and a Frog F186 P-38 that needs repainting/decaling that I don't remember buying, building and painting the first time but have the Frog instructions, so make of that what you will. All I can say is, it must have been done around mid 197mumble, and that's a long time ago.

Cheers,

Chris.

Edited by silverfox63
There's only one l in transfers.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, silverfox63 said:

As for likely victims..err candidates, there are the following:

1 x spawn Wellington,

3 x Frog and spawn Shackletons, plus an Aeroclub MR2 conversion,

1 x spawn Beaufighter MKXXI,

1 x Frog Skyhawk, + one to rebuild/finish,

1 x Frog Spitfire MK IX,

1 x Fog Spitfire XIV + V1,

1 x spawn and 1 x Revell Canberra,

Approx. 12 Vampire/Sea Venoms/Aquillons of various parentage, + Tasman upgrade set, +a Frog Vampire that is only for comic relief.

1 more Spitfire MKI and a P-51 MKII (+ one to repaint/decal) still to be accounted for.

Oh, and a Frog 1/72 scale Lancaster.

Blimey...  🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸

Welcome to the pond! 😉

Charlie

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Charlie.

Thanks for the welcome, and I blame eBay for most of that lot of 23(!) models. Most were bought back in the days when the US and AUS $ were pretty much 1 for 1, and postage from the US and the UK was usually never more than around AUS $15. It was the usual story; a) I built that when I was younger, must buy now to build with my older, better skills; or b) I always wanted XYZ, think I'll buy it for later. Now I just have to extract digit and get building.

Cheers,

Chris.

Edited by silverfox63
recount
  • Like 4

20240112_165356

Aha, now we can see bench. Now that I can reach the bench relatively safely, cleanup can commence. Sorry for the fuzzy pics, taken with my phone.

• Like 6

20240112_165405

Now i just have to tidy this. Hopefully shouldn't take too long.

I hope everybody can see these photo's, still trying to crawl before I run (into a brick wall lol).

Cheers Chris.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, silverfox63 said:

20240112_165405

Now i just have to tidy this. Hopefully shouldn't take too long.

I hope everybody can see these photo's, still trying to crawl before I run (into a brick wall lol).

Cheers Chris.

Welcome Chris,   photo came up fine so no brick wall or even pay wall. Just wondering why you're tidying? Mines never that clear to start with 

• Haha 1

Well, it's like this. Those two black drawer units in the middle went in a couple of weeks ago, so that reduced the usable space but also reduced some of the clutter, so win-win. However, before that happened, there was a Revell 1/32 Spitfire (the early version) sitting where the Sharpies and wood glue are. Basically, the bench is a wip and I would like to have a little bit more room to work.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Chris.

• Like 3

Looking forward to seeing more views of the bench in the coming weeks!

But what 🐸 will be on it? :whistle:

Cheers,

Charlie

That is the question, isn't it? There is still a LOT of analysis-paralysis, even though There are only(!) 30 kits to choose from, although 4 of those are up for overhaul, so they can wait til later. I'm thinking the Wellington, maybe, or the P-61, or the Canberras, or... look, SQUIRREL!

Cheers,

Chris.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, silverfox63 said:

'm thinking the Wellington, maybe, or the P-61, or the Canberras, or... look, SQUIRREL

Nice choices, however I’m afraid the Squirrel doesn’t qualify, that must be a Heller kit! 😀😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

So we (over on this part of the warm world) are within 24 hours of GB start :dog:

Have we started yet? More to the point why hasnt anyone posted it in the gallery 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2