Peugeot 905 ev1 drawings or CAD

Jered

Hi guys,

(I also posted this in 3D printing discussion so please delete if not ok to double-post!)

This is probably a long shot, but I'm on a quest for a set of drawings for the le mans winning Peugeot 905 ev1 with a view to drawing it in 3S and eventually printing it. I'm fairly experienced at 3D modelling and thought that this would be a fun project to do. 

I'm aware that there are Airfix and Heller kits in 1:24, I'm also aware of how catastrophically awful they are supposed to be too!

Thanks a lot,

Jered

• Like 1

Hi Jered,

There are drawings out there but no idea of accuracy. Google Peugeot 905 Evo 1 drawings and look in images.

The old Heller/Airfix model is appalling - like it was made in a different era. I think that they tried to do it on the cheap and didn't get far before the money ran out. Hard to believe that a French company could make such a poor model of a French subject. I've seen a couple of decent builds in spite of the kit..................but should it be so difficult?

Dave

PS. Profil kitted a 905 but it's listed as "sold out".

1 hour ago, Fastcat said:

Hi Jered,

There are drawings out there but no idea of accuracy. Google Peugeot 905 Evo 1 drawings and look in images.

The old Heller/Airfix model is appalling - like it was made in a different era. I think that they tried to do it on the cheap and didn't get far before the money ran out. Hard to believe that a French company could make such a poor model of a French subject. I've seen a couple of decent builds in spite of the kit..................but should it be so difficult?

Dave

PS. Profil kitted a 905 but it's listed as "sold out".

I did see one or two more basic 3rd angle projection drawings but I was hoping for proper station cross sections for the bodywork profiles. I was looking again and found proper 3D models of the '91 and '93 cars. What level of detail they have I can only guess but even if it was just the outside it'd be a good starting point for drawing the suspension and engine etc. from some good walk-around photos and making any necessary changes for the 1992 car. Which is the next thing I need to find out! Long story short - I want to start a collection of all Le Mans group C winners in 1:24

So that'll be making a ton of Porsches 🤣

• Like 1