Eurofighter Typhoon

Hi all

I don't do much in the way of Modern Jets however the gorgeous lines of the Tiffie Tempted me back when it was released and for £15 it is a bargain considering the amount of plastic you get.  

I started this a few years ago and the loft conversion meant it got packed away.  I dug it out recently and just added the finishing touches.  Built OOB  apar from the second set of Asraams from a kind BMer whom, i am embarrassed to say cannot recall, sorry and a big thank you and launchers courtesy of @peterairfix and the 3 Sqadron decals (after I had an incident with the originals) courtesy of @Stephen.  Thanks to all of you who came to my rescue. 

The airintakes were smoothed out as per the article in the Tamiya model Magazine of the time. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hope you enjoy and hanks for looking. 

Chris

• Like 43
  • Thanks 1

That's outstanding 👍 The Typhoon is a great looking aircraft and models really well. Both the Revell kits (1/72 and 1/48) definitely look the part when built.

I love the 3 squadron markings....just a pity that they've been removed now 😕

1 hour ago, binbrook87 said:

That's outstanding 👍 The Typhoon is a great looking aircraft and models really well. Both the Revell kits (1/72 and 1/48) definitely look the part when built.

I love the 3 squadron markings....just a pity that they've been removed now 😕

Thanks binbrook87, the model looks very impressive when built and looks lovely, just like the real aircraft does.  The 3 Sqdn decals certainly were the more colourful.   

Chris

• Like 1

Wow, Chris -

You must be working overtime, mate !!

I'm not a jet man but you have done a great job here and your weathering is very nicely restrained which I like.

Regards

Dave

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Epeeman said:

Wow, Chris -

You must be working overtime, mate !!

I'm not a jet man but you have done a great job here and your weathering is very nicely restrained which I like.

Regards

Dave

Ha ha thanks Dave, no there was not much to add since I did most prior to 2017 when  i started my loft conversion.   I am back to normal propeller craft now and you will be pleased as more biplanes this year too.  I wanted to keep it clean too so weathering was kept to a minimum.

58 minutes ago, swralph said:

Very nice build Chris.😀

Thanks Ralph, very kind.

47 minutes ago, desert falcon said:

That’s an exceptionally good looking Typhoon 😍

Is the kit from Revell please? 

Thanks desert falcon  very kind, yes this is the Revell kit.  You do get a lot for your money with the kit.

40 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Like you, I don't really have much interest in fast pointy things but that looks really good. Well done.👍

Thanks Vinnie, for your kind comments   yes back to my usual fayre now  although I have to confess i do have a FRADU Hunter in the offing and a large scale Sea Harrier I have been gilling the rivets on !!! Don't tell anyone though. 

40 minutes ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Fantastic looking model Chris very well done 👏

thanks for sharing

Eamonn

Thanks Eamonn, very kind fella   I am pleased with it i do love the look of the Typhoons, both old and new.  I had best get back onto the Ventura now!!!

Chris

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RMCS said:

Niiiice 

Thanks RMCS 

8 hours ago, Dunny said:

That's a lovely finish Chris - that one flew under the radar!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, this was a stalled one started about 6 years ago and stopped when I started working on the house so thought I would finish off finally. 

A cracking kit .

Chris

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exdraken said:

wow,

what a nice and fully armed RAF Typhoon!

and with colorful squadron markings as well :)

:partytime:

Thanks Exdraken, very kind, I only have a few modern models but they look so awesome I just had to build one.

Chris

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

I only have a few modern models but they look so awesome I just had to build one.

Be careful! The jet bug might bite you sooner than you want :D

• Haha 1

That’s lovely, absolutely perfect colours! 

Got to admit the Typhoon’s not a bad looker for a modern jet, especially when carrying proper squadron markings like this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Be careful! The jet bug might bite you sooner than you want :D

Crikey , I hope not my stash is already too big and SWMBO will not approve!!! Funnily enough I have just started an Airfix 24th scale Sea Harrier  and have a 32nd scale FRADU Hunter very close to the top of the stash, so it may be too late already !!!

20 minutes ago, Lord Riot said:

That’s lovely, absolutely perfect colours! 

Got to admit the Typhoon’s not a bad looker for a modern jet, especially when carrying proper squadron markings like this. 

Thanks your Lordship , very kind , yes the Typhoon does look fantastic,  such an awesome bit of kit. .

Chris

• Like 1

Very nice Chris.  You have inspired me to get moving on a Typhoon sooner, rather than later.  I hope mine turns out a fraction as nice as your`s displayed here. :goodjob:

Mike

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2021 at 10:25 AM, Sky Keg said:

Very nice Chris.  You have inspired me to get moving on a Typhoon sooner, rather than later.  I hope mine turns out a fraction as nice as your`s displayed here. :goodjob:

Mike

Thanks Mike, very kind of you, it is a cracking kit and you get loads of plastic for the money.   The intakes need to be filled and smoothed as there is a visible joint otherwise.

Good luck with your build.

Chris

• Thanks 1