Seeing Foxes - the Matchbox Seafox

Having made good progress on the Stranraer and JSSF NO.2, I decided I could finally start the recently arrived Fairey Seafox from Matchbox. Initially, I was quite worried about this one, having not built many in the way of double-bay biplanes, nor any floatplanes previously. As it turns out, if you simply follow the instructions, the kit builds quite well. Naturally, I didn't do that. Instead of building the floats as directed, I deviated from the instructions and almost paid the price for it, as it was difficult to connect them to the floats. Thankfully, I still own a large number of Lego's, and was able to build a jig to connect the floats:

Seafox Float Jig

After adding some cockpit detail, including a floor, rudder pedals, new seats, and a radio box:

Seafox Interior

The halves were joined and the floats added:

Seafox WIP

Next up is adding the top wing, the last of the struts for the floats, and the last small details before painting.

Thanks for checking in,

Stay safe everyone,

Tweener

• Like 7

Yesterday the Seafox received it's top wing and the interplane struts: 

Fairey Seafox

Now she is ready for paint, which I need to buy, so she will be going on the back-burner for the moment.

That's all for now,

Tweener

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Very nice indeed, great work 

If you get a chance to pick one up, I definitely recommend it. All of my anxiety about building it was for nothing. Like most MB kits it probably could have built itself!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tweener said:

If you get a chance to pick one up, I definitely recommend it. All of my anxiety about building it was for nothing. Like most MB kits it probably could have built itself!

Matchbox were particularly good at biplanes or anything with struts. Easy to build and accurate. I think I built more Matchbox biplanes than other manufacturer. 

3 hours ago, noelh said:

Matchbox were particularly good at biplanes or anything with struts. Easy to build and accurate. I think I built more Matchbox biplanes than other manufacturer. 

Having built their Siskin, Gladiator (2), and Fury (3) I really should have known what to expect!

• Like 1