Which way to Villers-Bocage?

Ready for inspection is my latest build. This is my first time posting a RFI on here so I welcome any comments and suggestions for improvement. But please note figure painting is not my forte. This is Tamiya’s excellent 1/35 Cromwell with added eduard photo etch where it was relevant. The build was seamless and the fit was excellent. Built as a Cromwell from the 5th RTR of the 7th armoured brigade on their way to Villers-Bocage on the evening of 12/06/1944. 

Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell

• Like 44
  • Thanks 1

Hi A.R.1989,

It is a nice model, very well finished IMHO, and the base is an ideal complement.
The figures are not so bad, they do not detract from the model, the same thing happens to me, I am not good with figures, that is why I include very few in my constructions so far ... I hope to change it some day ... lol
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Thanks 1

Very nice build, the figure are absolutely fine. The tank is superb and the base very good indeed.

If I would make one slight suggestion it would be that the pointing infantryman would be looking up at the guy stood on the rear deck of the tank that he is talking to and perhaps the commander in the turret might be looking that way to? 

Edited by Rumblestripe

31 minutes ago, Phil1960 said:

Believe me, guys! Stay away from Villers Bocage!

Very nice, what did you use for water?

Ciao

Filippo

PVA glue and khaki paint. Mix it up at around 3:1 ratio of glue to water and a few drops of paint. 

• Like 1

On 08/03/2021 at 10:21, A.R.1989 said:

Ready for inspection is my latest build. This is my first time posting a RFI on here so I welcome any comments and suggestions for improvement. But please note figure painting is not my forte. This is Tamiya’s excellent 1/35 Cromwell with added eduard photo etch where it was relevant. The build was seamless and the fit was excellent. Built as a Cromwell from the 5th RTR of the 7th armoured brigade on their way to Villers-Bocage on the evening of 12/06/1944. 

Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell Cromwell

Very nicely done 

On 08/03/2021 at 10:21, A.R.1989 said:

Very Nicely done AR. Love the added chains. Great job of the ground work on the base. What did you use?

Really nice build. Like it a lot. Like how you've held off on the weathering as these would only be a few weeks old in the field.

Oh and may I suggest a subtitle - 

"Villers Bocage is that way but there's a very angry Tiger who wants his tracks back" 

😉

Andrew

• Haha 1

On 09/03/2021 at 20:43, APA said:

Really nice build. Like it a lot. Like how you've held off on the weathering as these would only be a few weeks old in the field.

Oh and may I suggest a subtitle - 

"Villers Bocage is that way but there's a very angry Tiger who wants his tracks back" 

😉

Andrew

An excellent job done there. Yet another standard I've got to try and aspire to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1