The Dungeon of Doom MkIV

This must be at least the fourth iteration of this project, using a series of different figures to flesh it out. These latest photos will wrap it up though as the dungeon scenic is now looking awful weary and has been retired to the top of a wardrobe.

All figures are nominal 75mm from Pegaso, Meirce Miniatures, Phoenix Follies, Chronos and Draconia Miniatures. The bronze Statue was a gift from "Old Uncle Ho" -- a member of the Wife's extended family.

It's Conan and his latest squeeze, Valleria, the Thief of Zamora.

01-Conan-and-B-lit.jpg

Through the smoke and flame...

02-The-Smoke-and-Flame-Begins-to-Clear.j

...appears Utter Horror...😱

03-No-Mercy-Shrieks-Sybil.jpg

Summoned from the Cosmic Wastes by the Stygian Witch, Sybil.

04-The-Demoness-Attacks.jpg

But wait -- something's going on behind the mighty Cimmerian and his Girlfriend.

05-Movement-Behind.jpg

It's the Vampire Queen and her two Undead Acolytes.

06-Gatecrashers.jpg

Along with Thulsa Doom and his evil little Hench-Lady.

07-Thulsa-Doom-and-The-Vampyre-Queen-etc

Looks like a bit of a sticky situation...

08-A-Sticky-Situation.jpg

But I'm willing to bet on who the winners will be -- and they'll free the captive Princess Jasmine of Koth while they're at it.

09-Victory-Hangs-in-the-Balance.jpg

It's all in a days work for your average Barbarian Hero...😊

10-The-Full-Diorama.jpg

Edited by Cadman
added a comment
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Hi Cadman,

Superb work, and superb presentation, I love it, even if it's out of my comfort zone, as a reader of R.E. Howard, and Conan comics from my youth (I still have a large collection), I quickly recognize what you have tried to represent, the Barbarian, is "The Barbarian" ... without a doubt.
I wish my figures were half as good as yours ... maybe a century ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2021 at 1:07 PM, Clashcityrocker said:

Some nice figure painting, and story telling. I like it.

Nigel

On 3/8/2021 at 7:28 PM, FrancisGL said:

Hi Cadman,

Superb work, and superb presentation, I love it, even if it's out of my comfort zone, as a reader of R.E. Howard, and Conan comics from my youth (I still have a large collection), I quickly recognize what you have tried to represent, the Barbarian, is "The Barbarian" ... without a doubt.
I wish my figures were half as good as yours ... maybe a century ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.:thumbsup:

On 3/9/2021 at 6:21 AM, stevehnz said:

Superb paintwork on that raggedy lot. They look good in this & that's where they should stay, I don't want them popping up in my neighborhood. :)

Steve.

Thanks guys. It's all just that bit different...😃

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 8:47 PM, Bert Van Wiltenburg said:

It's as if I am watching the movie... 

Yeah, that was the vibe I was hoping to depict, by including most of the usual Conan tropes.

• 1 year later...
19 hours ago, Zoran Srb said:

Wow...  I’m not in figure modelling, but this is something ELSE!!! Very, very, VERY WELL done Sir!!

Hope you will give us more!!!

Geez, that takes me back a bit, One of my first dioramas to feature a bunch of 75mm figures in both white metal and resin from different manufacturers. It's been dismantled now as it was taking up far too much room, but I'll get around to re-using most of the characters in new scenes.

Meanwhile, the two latest epics, in 1:35 scale this time, are showing some progress at last.

WW2 is an unusual choice for me -- but I can't resist this one.

38-Bronco-Humber-Scout-Car-10-Feb-2023.j

Took me ages to get Michael Caine's moustache approximately right. This isn't going to be an Arnhem diorama though. It'll be depicting something else.

39-Bronco-Humber-Scout-Car-10-Feb-2023.j

And the gals are coming along fine as well.

40-The-Girls-10-Feb-2023.jpg

But I do need to clean off all the plastic swarf from my workbench before I shoot too many additional WIP photos.

41-The-Girls-10-Feb-2023.jpg

These characters will feature in the other diorama I've been working on for the past couple of months. Nope, it's not going the be set in 'Nam, but I think, (hope), it'll be fairly interesting all the same.

23-Paw-and-the-Weans-10-Feb-2023.jpg

Cheers and thanks for the vote of confidence.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2023 at 7:50 PM, Homer said:

Congratulations on some beautiful work ,all look great well done 👏 

Thanks mate, 

The 1:35 scale models for both new dioramas include;

4 x Tanks

3 x other AFV's

2 x Jeeps (can never have too many jeeps in WW2 scenes)

Plus a building, and various other diorama accessories -- and something like x 50 figures in both resin and plastic, some of them conversions.

These are, at least for me anyway, relatively huge projects. I usually don't use more than a dozen figures per scene, (although I've certainly used more on occasion).

Only seven more figures left to do though and I'm at the detailing and weathering stage on the last two AFV's, plus made a start on the diorama bases yesterday; so I'm seeing a gleam of light at last.  

Not sure if I'd ever try to do two concurrent projects like these again. Probably far better to just focus on one at a time.

Anyhoo, that's enough whining and moaning from me. Presently psyching up to resume hunting the house upside down for my static grass applicator. Wasted three hours trying to find it yesterday. It'll have been tidied away in some box, somewhere. Question is .......Where?

🤪