Academy 1/144 B-1B straight from the box

Evening all, 

Recently completed Academy's new tool 1/144 B-1B, a truly superb rendition of this impressive bomber. The kits almost a snap fit build with beautiful surface detailing, lovely decals, canopy masks and the finished article looks every inch a B-1B. Finished straight from the box with Tamiya and Vallejo paints. If you're limited for space this is a beautiful way to still have a B-1 in the collection. GWH's 1/144 B-52H's up next on the bench.

51013909972_9bf218423d_k.jpg

51013909442_feae5dd6ef_k.jpg

51013093828_9e83da5ea5_k.jpg

51013908877_3c91aade4c_k.jpg

51013094638_d7664365ea_k.jpg

51013092438_3c9b763273_k.jpg

All comments most welcome,

Hope you like her, fits on my shelf better than a Revell 1/48 one would.

Eng

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

Wow Eng!!!! I really like your B-1 displayed here.  I need to turn my attention towards the kit in the “stash” after my current project.  :goodjob:

Mike

That looks most excellent! :worthy:

19 hours ago, eng said:

... a truly superb rendition ... almost a snap fit ... beautiful surface detailing, lovely decals, canopy masks ...

Just what I need, more pressure to add to my stash. :lalala:

1 hour ago, binbrook87 said:

Now that's impressive! Great work. What paint ref. did you use for the grey as it looks absolutely spot on 👍

I did say it was Tamiya paints I used earlier but I think the overall colour was Mr Hobby Aqueous Hobby Color H305 (FS36118) but I added a couple of drops of white for scale effect. It was pre-shaded with Tamiya Rubber Black and I used a further lightened main colour to pick out a few panels to break up the plain finish, you can see this on the shot taken from the tail end. 

Thanks you all for the kind comments, the only thing I should have paid a bit more attention to is the long seam either side of the nose, its not too noticeable but could have done with a little bit more work. Braces inside might be the way forward with this. Other than that its a lovely, straight forward kit to build.

Eng

15 minutes ago, eng said:

I did say it was Tamiya paints I used earlier but I think the overall colour was Mr Hobby Aqueous Hobby Color H305 (FS36118) but I added a couple of drops of white for scale effect. It was pre-shaded with Tamiya Rubber Black and I used a further lightened main colour to pick out a few panels to break up the plain finish, you can see this on the shot taken from the tail end. 

Thanks you all for the kind comments, the only thing I should have paid a bit more attention to is the long seam either side of the nose, its not too noticeable but could have done with a little bit more work. Braces inside might be the way forward with this. Other than that its a lovely, straight forward kit to build.

Eng

That's great. Thanks for the tips! Results certainly speak for themselves 👍👍