Worn Starfighter

7 minutes ago, reini said:

Well that is simply brilliant! :)

Really faithfull representation of the original plane. To make a worn plane like this requires true skill, really well done. 

Thanks so much that’s really kind of you 🙏👍 I can’t see past all the mistakes right now so I’m really happy others can. 🙏

God aften 

That is amazing stuff. I know it’s not easy to make a replica from an original photography. But you nailed it more than 100%. Really breathtaking work.

i appreciate that very much. Hope to get to Stauning again one day. 

Tak for sharing 

Andy 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, binbrook87 said:

Wow. That's fantastic and very very realistic. I'd really like to build a worn and weathered Danish F-104 or F-100 one day, could you tell me how you achieved the worn paintwork as it looks superb! 👍👍

Thanks a lot. You can see in the build thread the process but to save you trawling through 8 pages of waffle, if my memory serves correct: i primed it in grey, preshaded in a deep sea blue, then a layer of olive drab, then i faded areas with a light gray mixed with olive drab, then a panel line wash, then decals, then oils, mostly white with a few smaller spots of mustard and grey. 
then the panel line painted touch ups that are done on the real thing i just did manually with a small brush - i couldn’t think of a clever way of doing that.
Oh and i hand airbrushed some details in the paintwork.

the metal chips were done with a metallic pencil.

Edited by Dansk
  • Thanks 1

Now that is truly stunning work! I have never seen such a faithful representation of the real thing. Congratulations! 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Spad said:

Now that is truly stunning work! I have never seen such a faithful representation of the real thing. Congratulations! 

Oh that’s such a nice comment thank you so much 🙏

Absolutely superb! It’s so much more difficult to make something look worn and used than have a factory fresh look. Amazing paint and finishing skills.

• Thanks 1