New book available on March 31, 2021: Alpha Jet

NDB16

The second new book that will be available as of March 31 2021 is a 116 page book on the Dassault/Dornier Alpha Jet. It contains over 260 photos and covers every aspect of the small jet trainer that was also used as a small attack aircraft. Here's the cover of the book with reference DH-018:

spacer.png

This is the first time so many detailed photos are assembled in one book of this agile little jet. Photos include the A-version, that was used by Germany and later sold to many countries, such as Portugal, and the E-version of France. Photos include aircraft from Belgium, France, Portugal, Germany, UK, Thailand, Morocco, Nigeria, and more. Here are a few previews:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

A huge chapter on the aircraft's maintenance is included. 18 pages ! 

spacer.png

Again, this book will be available from our website www.hmh-publications.com or from you favourite store!

Nic

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bought the new HMH Phantom book last month - absolutely stunning! I would be extremely proud if had taken any of the photos in the book.... All credit must go to all the excellent photographers who contributed to this volume. Very thoroughly recommended. A must for Phantom Phans. 

Chris.  

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We're working hard on the next set of books that should be ready in June. The way it looks now, we'll have 6 more new books in the series this year! 

Nic

• Like 1

I bought the new Sukhoi Su-25 book from Hannants London today. Just packed with superb, definitive, detailed, sharp, excellent pictures throughout. If anything, it exceeds the amazing standards set by HMH's best books, like the Phantom and Harrier. If you are planning to build the 1/32 Trumpeter kit (or any other scales!), then this book is a genuine "must-have".

One thing that struck me as I flicked through the book, a lot of the Frogfoots still in service are looking VERY heavily-weathered, indeed. This is something I like to see on contemporary jets, as most airframes are re-painted and fussed-over, and therefore look like they are hardly used. For my money, an aircraft with paint falling off it has a lot more "personality" than a polished, brand-new-looking asset. 

Chris.   

• Like 2

Thank you so much for your feedback! And you are right; going through the photos during lay-out, I often thought "if someone paints his model like this jet, everyone would say: this is way too much weathering!" Some look like they have been weathered for years and then painted over partially with a large shoe brush! And the thing is, it isn't just one aircraft in one air force, you can find them in many countries, from Russia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Georgia... It's like crew saying "ow, just stick some paint on it, nobody cares!" Another thing many aircraft have (even the brand new ones, like the Su-25 SM3-9): bird droppings on the vertical tail! In some photos there are 5 or 6 aircraft in a line-up and they all have them! 

Nic

1 hour ago, NDB16 said:

Another thing many aircraft have (even the brand new ones, like the Su-25 SM3-9): bird droppings on the vertical tail! In some photos there are 5 or 6 aircraft in a line-up and they all have them! 

Is it possible that the local bird-population ate something that didn't agree with them the night before? The mind simply boggles at that thought...

Chris.  

Here's such a photo:

spacer.png

They all have bird droppings on the top of the fin. Look at weathering on the tail of the aircraft in the front; you'd need a lot of maskoll to get this effect !!

Nic