Top 5 kits you'd buy.. if only you could find them.

galaxyg

20 hours ago, Scottey_b said:

I can think of two that id like but i have only just started building models recently 

the one i really want is the Audi r10 tdi le mans car

the other one i would like is a corvette c6r

and I have just thought of a c5r  

The Revell Audi R 10 is scheduled for re-release in 2021. I think the C6R is also not too hard to find.

Yep! That's right..Tamiya can re-release nearly every kit whether it is a car or a bike... I'll guess everything would be a commercial runner for them! 

By the way I got to say that I'll got to delete my vote just because I just found a Gunze Abarth 1000tcr today and had to buy it 

Marco F 

• Like 3

Hard to choose a top 5, but some I would like are below, I know most are available if you fancy selling a kidney, but I hate people who exploit the fact and put them up for what ever figure they feel like

Tamiya 1/24 MK1 golf racing

Tamiya 1/12 MP4/6 to go with my FW14B

Bandai Pendle Princess and Dennis fire engine

Airfix Triumph Herald and Morris Marina as we had those cars when I was a kid

Airfix angel interceptor 

Airfix 1/12 Bentley, of which 1 of the re released ones is currently on route to me at the right price of £86 delivered (one on Ebay now for £245 & £12 P&P)  

Hopefully Airfix will carry on releasing whatever classic moulds they still have that are usable :) 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Alan R said:

I can't really think of five, but:

1. Bandai 1/20th Fiat X 1/9 (or whatever the nomenclature is)
  2. Tamiya Aston Martin DBS 1/24
  3. Matchbox 1/32 Porsche 935 (Also boxed by Revell)

There are probably loads more. but for the moment....

Cheers,

Alan.

Damn! How did I forget the Aston? That probably ought to be in my list, maybe in place of the GTA...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redstaff said:

Airfix Triumph Herald 

It's not the classic bagged kit, but I bought an Airfix Herald directly from AIrfix a few weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chimpion said:

The Revell Audi R 10 is scheduled for re-release in 2021. 

Ah, that's convenient. It's a kit I've thought about a few times. Tamiya's Toyota TS050 aside, even reasonably modern endurance cars do not crop up often in 1/24 scale.  At least the awesome Group C era is well represented.

16 hours ago, johnlambert said:

It's not the classic bagged kit, but I bought an Airfix Herald directly from AIrfix a few weeks ago.

Thanks John 

Didn't realised they were available

I'll look into this 😁

• Thanks 1

Most of mine can be found on eBay, but at eBay-crazy prices! The 512M is now unobtanium, since Paul Fisher lost everything in the Paradise California forest fires. I was planning to get it for myself for Christmas that year.

Tamiya 1/24 Mazda 787b

Tamiya 1/24 Opel Calibra

Fujimi Ferrari 430 Challenge with rear wing

Revell BMW M3 DTM

Fisher Ferrari 512M Penske

Ben

2 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

This is something. But I think we will not see these easily. Also Cunningham C4R would be nice to have.

Yes, sadly, the masters for all of Paul’s products were destroyed.

Ben

I have to admit to having several of the kits mentioned, I never realised that my 01 WRC Focus was worth so much on the Bay!

1/20 Tamiya Lotus 102D

1/20 Tamiya Lotus 99T

1/20 Speedline Bluebird CN7 (if only Fernando Pinto made a CN7 in 1/20!)

1/20 Studio27 March 891

1/72 Airfix Hovercraft SR-N1 (no idea why, does not fit with my collection!)

M.

On 3/7/2021 at 3:37 PM, rs2man said:

Can't really come up with a top five , but what I'd really like to see is all the old 1/32 Airfix car kits , apart from the ones they're always reissuing . The Marina, Maxi , Sunbeam Rapier , Renault Dauphine all spring to mind , but what I want most of all is the Kansas Kruiser , the customised Cortina issued around 1980 .  

I would like to add the Mk 1 Sprite and the Ford Zodiac to that list.

22 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:
  • Simil R 1:24 Pescarolo Judd 01

It's still worth looking for this. I'd thought it had disappeared from stock long ago, but came across a supplier with just under 10 available last summer and picked one up. I just checked and unfortunately they're out of stock again. Could be worth asking your favourite model shop if they can get hold of one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/03/2021 at 13:00, Redstaff said:

Thanks John 

Didn't realised they were available

I'll look into this 😁

I hope you can get one, I've opened mine and it's something I never thought I'd say about an Airfix 1/32 car kit, it's lovely.  I mean it's got some issues but not as bad as other Airfix kits I've battled; there's something quite charming about the Herald.  Look out for a build thread coming soon.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2021 at 12:38 PM, keefr22 said:

2  Tamiya Ford Sierra RS500

I'd sell you mine if it wasn't so pricey to ship overseas. Got one of the Eggenberger kits last year and it's buried way, way down in the backlog.

• Like 1

It would be nice if Tamiya did some older classic GP racing cars.   In 1/20th or 1/12th.

A Bugatti Type 35, 51 or 59.   Alfa Romeo Alfetta  158/159.   Vanwall.  Delage,   Mercedes W163,  Auto Union.

All hitherto neglected subjects by the mainstream plastic kit manufacturers in larger scales.

MFH  I know have some older classics available............but for modellers with very deep wallets!

Edited by Noel Smith

Union 1/15 Kawasaki Z1R

Union 1/15 Kawasaki Z1000 Mk II

Union 1/15 Kawasaki Z750FX

Union 1/15 Kawasaki Z750 Custom

Union 1/15 Kawasaki GPz400

I confess, I'm really not a motorbike nut at all, but as a teen I wanted a KH250 (which never happened). I built the Union Z1000 Mk II, which was the sole Union kit I made. I thoroughly enjoyed it and have very fond memories of that kit. Nostalgia has me wanting to do a few more of those kits, but the scarcity and price means that's highly unlikely.

On 3/7/2021 at 11:37 PM, rs2man said:

Can't really come up with a top five , but what I'd really like to see is all the old 1/32 Airfix car kits , apart from the ones they're always reissuing . The Marina, Maxi , Sunbeam Rapier , Renault Dauphine all spring to mind , but what I want most of all is the Kansas Kruiser , the customised Cortina issued around 1980 .  

Kansas Kruiser on the box top, Dragon' Wagon on the kit itself.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying the name change probably came about because of copyright issues on the Dragon Wagon name. I think Monogram might have been using it at the time on a Tom Daniel creation.

Here's my built up Airfix one.

sellers335.jpg

Not one of Airfix finer moments. Bumped up quite a few series, with price rise to match. It also got a very deceptive sized box, big enough for a B17, never mind a little Cortina. The series are very collectable these days.

• Like 1

My five, in no particular order...

Monograms Big Deuce, red or yellow, I would be happy with either.

Otaki's 1.12 scale Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. 

A suitcase sized box made me weak at the knee's as a nipper. The price, then and now cut the legs away altogether.

Johans 1968 Plymouth Road Runner, the one with the original cartoon ad box.

Monograms Uncertain T. 

Not because I particularly like it, more because it's a gap in my collection that won't ever get filled as I can't bring myself to pay the asking.

Another Monogram Big Deuce.

I want both versions!

Dreamer, I'm nothing but a dreamer...

• Like 1

On 08/04/2021 at 14:38, TonyW said:

Johans 1968 Plymouth Road Runner, the one with the original cartoon ad box.

Thick end of 500 quid. Yikes!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1969-Plymouth-Roadrunner-1-25-model-by-JoHan-vintage-unbuilt-HTF-/154096112948?hash=item23e0d81534%3Ag%3AmYcAAOSwuShfZ5hb&nma=true&si=FhK0XapLAi3ePXsqSDXvpBs1JMA%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by Mike Dean
  • Sad 1