Top 5 kits you'd buy.. if only you could find them.

galaxyg

Kits that have been in production and you really want, but you just can't find... or you can't find at a reasonable price.

For me:

1) Heller Citroen DS3 WRC 2013

2) Tamiya Ford Focus WRC 2001 (Sometimes on Ebay, never cheap)

3) Aoshima Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4

4) Fujimi McLaren F1 Ueno Clinic race version

5) Aoshima D1GP "Team Samurai" Mazda RX-7 FC3S.

Two kits that crop up on e bay every once in a while are a 1:24

BMW 3 series coupe British Touring Car from 1992 , sponsored by Listerine . Seem to think it’s made by a company more usually making military vehicle kits . Usually goes for silly money . 
The other illusive kit for me is a 1:24 Porsche 959 Paris Dakar car . Don’t know the manufacturer , but somehow always seems to be a really expensive kit . 
Gary . 

3 minutes ago, Windy37 said:

The other illusive kit for me is a 1:24 Porsche 959 Paris Dakar car . Don’t know the manufacturer , but somehow always seems to be a really expensive kit . 

Gunze Sangyo. I've seen 2 on ebay in the last year. Usually around £50 and the kit itself is nothing special - although that would be in my top 10 hard to find.

Just now, galaxyg said:

Gunze Sangyo. I've seen 2 on ebay in the last year. Usually around £50 and the kit itself is nothing special - although that would be in my top 10 hard to find.

Yes , that’s the Porsche right ? The last one on e bay went above my budget sadly 🙄

Gary . 

Just now, Windy37 said:

Yes , that’s the Porsche right ? The last one on e bay went above my budget sadly 🙄

Gary . 

Yeah the Rothmans one with the white wheels. I've always thought that the Gunze kit combined with the cheap-as-chips Tamiya one (for it's engine and a few other parts) would make a good reproduction of the Paris-Dakar vehicle.

• Like 1

1   Esci Lancia Beta Monte Carlo

2  Tamiya Ford Sierra RS500

3  Tamiya Fiat Abarth 695SS

4  Tamiya Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA

5   Gunze Sanyo Austin Healey Sprite.

Stupid thing is, apart from the Esci Beta which I never managed to get wnen new, I've had one or more examples of the others which I sold for peanuts, never imagining the ridiculous money they can now go for!!  :doh:

Keith

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I don't usually partake in these type of wishlist threads, but I'd go for a 1:24 Austin Maxi in a big way.  I'd also go for a 1:24 Vauxhall Corsa GSi (1st gen) and final refresh Nova GSi, as they're all cars I've owned, and I've got a dose of the nostalgias :wub:

• Haha 1

MPC 1968 or 1969 Dodge Coronet R/T

AMT 1963 Pontiac Bonneville hardtop

Jo-Han 1970 Plymouth Road Runner or GTX

Monogram '34 Ford original '60s issue or '70s 'Early Iron' coupe

Any of the Revell parts pack "double kits" from the '60s

Gunze Abarth 1000tcr

Revell  BMW 850 i

Italeri.  Ferrari Daytona Compentizione 

Tamiya Ford Sierra RS500

Revell.  Datsun BRE510

These kits would be a nice addition for my stash 

Marco F

Go on then, you've twisted my arm. Looks as though a few of these have already been mentioned. I lucked out last year and got hold of the Simil'r Focus for a (very) good price so have had to add another onto the list.

1. Tamiya Volvo 850 (Estate obviously)

2. Tamiya Sierra XR4i (although I could go for an RS500)

3. Tamiya Jag Mk2

4. Tamiya Morgan

5. Tamiya Alfa GTA

I think there's one manufacturer needs to get re-releasing some of their old kits :)

• Like 3

I can think of two that id like but i have only just started building models recently 

the one i really want is the Audi r10 tdi le mans car

the other one i would like is a corvette c6r

and I have just thought of a c5r  

BBR 1/24 Ferrari 333SP

Le Mans Miniatures 1/24 Jaguar XJR-14 IMSA

Le Mans Miniatures 1/43 Porsche WSC-95 (I’ve had it on back order for a LOOOONG time, so fingers crossed for 2021!)

HRM 1/24 Bill Thomas Cheetah

Profil 24 1/24 Iso Grifo A3C Le Mans 1964

And to prove the power of positive thought: one that I had on my wishlist but managed to cross off last year – the Starter 1/43 Porsche 917/10 ‘lift-off’.

31 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Go on then, you've twisted my arm. Looks as though a few of these have already been mentioned. I lucked out last year and got hold of the Simil'r Focus for a (very) good price so have had to add another onto the list.

1. Tamiya Volvo 850 (Estate obviously)

2. Tamiya Sierra XR4i (although I could go for an RS500)

3. Tamiya Jag Mk2

4. Tamiya Morgan

5. Tamiya Alfa GTA

I think there's one manufacturer needs to get re-releasing some of their old kits :)

Numbers 1, 2, 4 and 5 are definitely kits I'm looking out for.  I've been lucky enough to get hold of the Tamiya Jaguar Mk.II.

Here are five that immediately come to mind.

1. Aurora/Monogram Aston Martin DB4

2. Tamiya Mercedes-Benz 600SEL

3. Airfix/Doyusha Aston Martin DB5

4. Tamiya Volkswagen Karmann Ghia

5. Monogram/Revell BMW 635CSi or Tamiya BMW M635CSi

• Like 3

Can't really come up with a top five , but what I'd really like to see is all the old 1/32 Airfix car kits , apart from the ones they're always reissuing . The Marina, Maxi , Sunbeam Rapier , Renault Dauphine all spring to mind , but what I want most of all is the Kansas Kruiser , the customised Cortina issued around 1980 .  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Matt Crane said:

The first and last on the list are not that hard to find...

TBF, finding them is often not that difficult - all of my five are either currently, or have recently been, listed on ebay. If I'd bought them all off there though it would have cost me about £6-700...!!

Keith

I can't really think of five, but:

1. Bandai 1/20th Fiat X 1/9 (or whatever the nomenclature is)
  2. Tamiya Aston Martin DBS 1/24
  3. Matchbox 1/32 Porsche 935 (Also boxed by Revell)

There are probably loads more. but for the moment....

Cheers,

Alan.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

TBF, finding them is often not that difficult - all of my five are either currently, or have recently been, listed on ebay. If I'd bought them all off there though it would have cost me about £6-700...!!

Keith

You could get the MP4/6 with TopStudio Super detail set, Thunder Valley F1 Front suspensions set, S27 High Tech decals and 205T16 with AcuStion Mechanical parts set with a little bit less than that...

5 hours ago, Matt Crane said:

You could get the MP4/6 with TopStudio Super detail set......a little bit less than that

Maybe, but luckily I have no interest in building F1 cars so I don't have to worry about finding the cash for that lot.... :)

Keith

Hard to compile a top 5 but most Tamiya kits mentioned already are high on my list. I want all the Tamiya Historic Car Series kits. Right now I only have the Alpine A110 and Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA.

• Like 1