Bf 109 F4 Trop 'Yellow 3' Castel Benito airfield, Libya 1942 *Completed*

TommyF

Little bit of progress over the last week. Cockpit completed and wings on. Should be able to start on the first colour coats this week. Already my eye is drawn to the subtle changes between a F and an E e.g. rounded wingtips rather than square.

51035501703_8364aeaa72_c.jpg

• Like 3

Great progress Tommy. Has the parts fit been putting up any resistance or going together well?

There looks to be a good selection of schemes in this boxing.

A little bit more progress. The kit is coming together very well. The cockpit and console side details were just about right and the instrument panel was paint it flat black and fill in the detail panels and dials rather than a decal which I tend to prefer. The instruction sheet covers a number of 109 variants in the AZ model range and this isn't always totally clear. Comparisons with other 109 F-4 Trops on Britmodeller and elsewhere was sometimes required. Fuselage and wings fitted perfectly as have the other parts so far. The only slight issue was filing squared-off wheel wells on the wing end side. The box art indicated this needed doing (they are rounded by default). I have a few small files but they didn't really fit the shape that well.

50999433320_18f9d41ae8_c.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • TommyF changed the title to Bf 109 F4 Trop 'Yellow 3' Castel Benito airfield, Libya 1942 *Completed*