Suyata 1/48 model Panther diorama all in one box

JohnT

I'm not an armour modeller but stumbled over this and wondered what folks think of the idea of putting a basic diorama in with the kit and also armour in 1/48 scale?  The tank comes with 16t strabokran overhead crane to lift the turret and display base.

Not sure why they chose 1/48 over 1/35 which I had understood to be a regular armour model scale choice.

It looks cool to my aviation eyes though

It is absolutely brilliant. Almost beyond belief. And top quality too, except for the PE chains... Wish tamiya showed this kind of imagination 15 years ago when they re-booted the scale (since Bandai left it in 1972)...

I always wished for more common scales, if only 1/32 had won for armor, instead of Tamiya ruining everything by sizing hulls to batteries... As if that makes sense...

It's a great kit and it's good to see a new manufacturer (rumoured to be part of the Takom group) exploring the 1/48 scale armour market. However, for me personally, there's too much much 'waste' in the box. The Panther Ausf A is a good choice; the strabokran is an interesting accessory with lots of potential, but the scenic base? It will appeal to many as a 'diorama in a box' but I'd rather have seen them released as separate kits - not everyone wants to put a Panther under a strabokran and personally, I'd rather build my own base so that it isn't identical to the one that everyone else builds (not everyone wants to do that so I understand that I'm probably in a minority there).

Suyata's next release will be a double kit of a modern Russian T-90 MBT and a Gaz Tigr 4x4 - that appeals to me much more and the quality of the Panther kit bodes well for future releases.

From Scalemates:

spacer.png