Ducati Panigale 1199 "Senna".

Needing a break from Dunkelgelb I decided to bring this out of the stash. I finally finished it this weekend and one that I am rather happy with how it has turned out. It is Tamiya's fantastic kit and Blue Stuff's equally good decals. This was a limited edition version for the Brazilian market and it is a beautiful bike.

The kit goes together extremely well but just keep an eye on the fairing behind the seat as some fettling is needed to make it sit properly and the wing mirrors need some strong glue because there isn't much holding them on.

Paints used: Tamiya Lacquers Bright Red and Gun Metal for the main colours. Tamiya Lacquers and AK Extreme for the rest of the metallics.

p?i=8ed5cf40f71b3bc7f0cc7111bd3a966b

p?i=4cfb2539964d88a0f3a21b86ffa9d5e1

p?i=c000d4ffdde9721a706573fc40e259da

p?i=8d6e98532c832605b62dd8b730f56264

p?i=47d8a34c9be55367a59465b157580e7d

p?i=e09bb27095f81105d1aa753927ab7704

p?i=e402d8489d9cc6479b431dc780b5dc98

p?i=7c030b9f24f771e5c43fc58cfd99b84b

p?i=1db29456ed7ae4397b46189a1b7cfda4

p?i=891b71a341ddb7fcf35632e25f5a10df

Thanks for looking and happy modelling.

• Like 18

Thanks mate. Thought I'd have a change of topic before I restart my Ferdinand/Elefant project. Have a bit of a breather so to speak. And this project turned out well with no problems encountered, even hand painting the little details went to plan. (I did put the number plate decals upside down at the very end, but easily remedied😀.)

Back to armour I think next. Got a Panther with the tracks needing a finish and then......maybe a Challenger or the Ferdinand?!

• Like 1

That looks brilliant... beautifully crisp and detailed painting, and full marks for those wheels. That dayglo “red” is a real challenge to get even and consistent. It’s certainly a different and very stylish scheme for an iconic bike...

best,

M.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't praise the lacquers high enough. The colours are vibrant, work well together and, most importantly, spray like a dream.

Thanks for your kind words. Most appreciated. 👍

Excellent build and finish The images with to covers of, it almost looks like the real bike. If I may, it's only something little.  A dot of dark brown paint in the exhaust outlets.

Thanks for posting.

Colin

• Thanks 1

Very nice model of a great bike. I have built the same kit a couple of years ago, really a pleasure to build. 

Apart from the burnt metal effect, you could have also opened the exaust outlets...

• Thanks 1

You have made a lovely job of that Stef. 

It's been a while since I built a bike, now I'm tempted to get one of those myself,  it's a 

lovely looking bike.

Wayne

• Thanks 1

Thanks Airea, Dave and Wayne. Thanks for the critique and yes, the exhaust will get a bit of a tweak. It is a kit that is both highly detailed but also easy to build Wayne and highly recommended.(And Blue Stuff decals are really nice to work with.)👍

That's some high precision modelling and painting Stef, amazing! I never knew you did these as well. Despite me feeling comfortable building more forgivable afv's, I increasingly tend towards branching out to different subjects, techniques and materials. I'll definitely give these tamiya lacquers a try. I found out recently that thinning "ammo of mig" paints with lacquer had a profound effect on colour (richer) and application (smoother).

You have made a wonderful model,

Cheers,

Ernst.

• Thanks 1

Sorry Ernst, just seen your reply. Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. 👍

Yeah I flit around from bikes to armour whenever I need a change of scene (and colour). Both help with my modelling as they have different techniques to them and I can try out different paints,clears, products etc and gain more experience on the airbrush.

• Like 1