Imai Angel Interceptor from Captain Scarlet

Yes I know, I hear you say "Not ANOTHER Angel Interceptor!!!" I can give them up anytime honest!

I promise this will be the last (for now until I start the Saab Draken... oops did I say that out loud?)

I've had this Imai kit in the stash for years and its languished there because frankly its not a very good kit! However, I've been busy building 22" Eagle #5 and really wanted a nice easy break from this and for some stupid reason I chose this! Well to be honest, it didn't take long to build there are not many parts and I didn't worry too much about scratch building extra detail in the cockpit as at this size you really can't see much through the canopy! So this is the kit:

DSC_5253.JPG

And here it is built

DSC_5397.JPG

DSC_5393.JPG

DSC_5395.JPG

DSC_5396.JPG

DSC_5394.JPG

Interestingly, it provides a blue decal for the underside "A"

DSC_5398.JPG

This is the latest addition to the collection:

DSC_5399.JPG

The two on the right are the new Imai one above and the Airfix one below. You can see that the Imai one is slightly larger than the Airfix one. I did a couple of comparison shots while building it and you can see here the size difference and also how few parts there were in the kit!

DSC_5257.JPG

The fit wasn't particularly good so needed a LOT Of filler, the shape of the nose canard and the tips of the tail needed reshaping as they were not rounded enough. The pilot figure at least was female unlike the AIrfix one, but had very little detail but that was not really a problem at this size.

I wouldn't recommend this kit :)

• Like 13