On 4/14/2021 at 4:25 PM, Jabba said:

as others have said it must have been a nightmare to mask

It's not so bad, at least it's mostly straight lines! Resisting the temptation to do it all in one go, and doing it in two stages, really helped. I keep finding things that need touching up though!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been neglecting this one - last update was more than a month ago. Time to crack on and get it finished, so I got the decals on today. @CaracalModels your decals worked very nicely indeed! I'm particularly impressed at how well the national insignia went down over the vortex generators on the wing with a bit of help from some Micro Sol. This colour scheme gets even more striking with a few decals!

A-4M WIP

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 9

Looking very good with the decals on, yes Caracal decals are very good. I am not looking forward to putting the Hasegawa kit decals over the vortex generators on mine.

• Thanks 1

Your A-4M looks absolutely fabulous. Thanks for your kind words, too - although I have to say I only design the decals, and do not print them. 

While it would be cool to claim to have a secret for printing quality ("let us use my secret recipe for the base layer ink, Giuseppe...And don't forget to add a drop of Aperol to make sure it conforms to details - capisce?") , honestly all credit for the printing goes to Cartograf.

• Like 2

On 5/19/2021 at 3:08 AM, CaracalModels said:

Your A-4M looks absolutely fabulous. Thanks for your kind words, too - although I have to say I only design the decals, and do not print them. 

While it would be cool to claim to have a secret for printing quality ("let us use my secret recipe for the base layer ink, Giuseppe...And don't forget to add a drop of Aperol to make sure it conforms to details - capisce?") , honestly all credit for the printing goes to Cartograf.

Well you designed a great decal sheet and chose a great printer, you deserve the credit! Keep up the great work!

The A-4M is on its legs and creeping towards the end of the build:

A-4M WIP

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Finished! More in the gallery shortly

Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M

Thanks for looking, and many thanks to the hosts for an excellent GB and to everyone else who's participated for sharing some excellent Skyhawks with us!

cheers

Julian

• Like 7

An excellent result on a unique scheme Julian, she really does look fantastic.

Its bound to be an attention grabber wherever it goes as you have done a great job on the build and the paint scheme has been done perfectly, the masking of straight lines is more tricky than you think and to have done it over the curves of a Skyhawk is testament to your abilities my friend.

Thanks for having taken part in the GB and for having produced such an outstanding model.

Very well done mate.

• Thanks 1