1/72 Piper Pawnee, Deeside gliding club tug

Lovely work, as usual, Chris - as others have already said, clever mods and painting.

Great to see more models of GA light aircraft

Regards

Dave

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 72modeler said:

BBB,

That's one nifty little tug. All the improvements you made to the kit have really enhanced the final result. That's one chunky little monkey! 👍

Mike

Thanks Mike,  that's very kind of you, i have wantedvto build one for a longtime and couldn't believe KP doing one, I would love a large scale one but my scratchbuilding skills aren't up to that yet, there's just something about the look of these Aircraft. 

1 hour ago, Epeeman said:

Lovely work, as usual, Chris - as others have already said, clever mods and painting.

Great to see more models of GA light aircraft

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave,very kind of you, I  was struggling to find one I liked but as I am already painting lots of yellow with my Ventura and soon the FAA Anson,  I saw this one and thought what the heck.  It had a small amount of rigging too!!! I have missed rigging so now there's space on the bench I feel an interwar FAA biplane coming on as my next distraction  build.

1 hour ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Sweet job on this little thing!

Thanks TJK, very kind of you.

Chris

6 hours ago, kapam said:

Wow!  Looks great.

Quite an intricate (meaning not straightforward) build by the look of it.

I would say you nailed it.

:thumbsup:

Thank you Kapam , that's very kind  the kit itself is good but the additional bits were needed to get the look right, the weren't too bad to add.

3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Really nice Chris, you've done a cracking job on that, the pin stripes are clever as. I've got an AZ Pawnee on its way to me to do one from a local gliding club some years ago.

Steve

Thanks Steve, very kind fella , you'll love it and just test fit and you will have no issues at all.  Check the dihedral  and the struts may need to be shortened a small amount. Looking forward to seeing it.

Chris

• Like 1

Nice work! I have quite a few hours in these towing gliders in a few locations around Australia and wouldn't mind a 1/48 version of one. Apparently Heritage Aviation Models did one a few years back?

• Thanks 1

Hello!

Great looking "Pooni" (a Finnish way to pronounce Pawnee). UK seems also to be noise sensitive as the plane has muffler (Gomolzig?) and four blade Hoffman propeller which sounds more like a fan compared to the original long 2-blade one. Is the 4-blade propeller included in the kit? Which kit, BTW?

I have couple of hours of glider tug time with the PA-25. Felt it large and bit unresponsive on ailerons and stiff in pitch control compared to what I mostly flew back then (before 1998). But relatively easy for a tail dragger.

Cheers,

Kari

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bell209 said:

Nice work! I have quite a few hours in these towing gliders in a few locations around Australia and wouldn't mind a 1/48 version of one. Apparently Heritage Aviation Models did one a few years back?

Thanks Bell209  very kind, would love a larger scale one, I had not heard of the Heritage Aviation kit. I wonder if there are any still floating about???

6 hours ago, Kari Lumppio said:

Hello!

Great looking "Pooni" (a Finnish way to pronounce Pawnee). UK seems also to be noise sensitive as the plane has muffler (Gomolzig?) and four blade Hoffman propeller which sounds more like a fan compared to the original long 2-blade one. Is the 4-blade propeller included in the kit? Which kit, BTW?

I have couple of hours of glider tug time with the PA-25. Felt it large and bit unresponsive on ailerons and stiff in pitch control compared to what I mostly flew back then (before 1998). But relatively easy for a tail dragger.

Cheers,

Kari

Thanks Kari, I don't  know about the noise control side of things.  The exhaust is not included but easily made , the kit dies include 3 props the 4 blade option and a pair of two bladed props. The kit is the KP kit serial number KPM0123  they also do an Australian kit too.

Thanks both

Chris