MFH Ferrari 315S - 1/24

This is Model Factory Hiro’s 1/24 scale kit of the Ferrari 315S/335S, which comes in three separate iterations: Version A (1957 Mille Miglia #532 von Trips & 1957 Le Mans #7 Hawthorn/Musso); Version B (1957 Le Mans #6 Hill/Collins & #8 Lewis-Evans/Severi) and Version C (1957 Mille Miglia #534 Collins/Klementaski & #535 Taruffi). My model depicts the 315S of Piero Taruffi, the winner of the last Mille Miglia.

001 (3)

001 (7)

003 (1)

004 (1)

006 (2)

012 (1)

018 (2)

018 (3)

019 (1)

019 (3)

020 (2)

And so to the next one (whatever that may be)....

• Like 33

That's a gorgeous model.  In many photos I could well believe that I'm looking at the real car.

I'm trying to pluck up the courage to buy a MFH Ferrari 250 GT Lusso.  If I do, I hope it turns out half as well as this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnlambert said:

That's a gorgeous model.  In many photos I could well believe that I'm looking at the real car.

I'm trying to pluck up the courage to buy a MFH Ferrari 250 GT Lusso.  If I do, I hope it turns out half as well as this one.

Do it! You won't be disappointed, and the pleasure you'll get will easily justify the cost. :)

• Thanks 1

Well I am sure I'm not alone here, but you know when you post RFI photos and only then notice that you've stuck a widget on upside-down? Or broken something off in between completion and photograph? Well for some reason the serial number plate had, unnoticed by me, done something strange and crinkly, which I hadn't seen.

With a great deal of good fortune, MFH provides a spare on the decal sheet, and so I made a plate with some old PE fret, attached the new one and voila! Good to go again. Except now I notice that my one-day model is already blighted with cat hair and dust! Time for a display case I think...

022a

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Except now I notice that my one-day model is already blighted with cat hair and dust!

Good reason not to have a cat ... :)

Cheers,

Alan.

23 minutes ago, Alan R said:

Good reason not to have a cat ... :)

Cheers,

Alan.

Sadly I can find thousands of reasons to have cats, but very few in the 'con' column. So I shall have to get over the fur issues. :)

• Like 3

WOW, that looks absolutely stunning. When I looked at the photos, I was thinking : "Nice reference photos. When is he gonna show photos of the scale model ?".

Then I realized that ALL the photos are of your finished model.

Incredible work, my hat's off to you sir.

Sincerely

Pascal

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...