Land Rover WMIK W/ Milan ATGM 1/35 scale in Afghanistan setting by Hobby Boss

Whilst waiting on paints to arrive for my Chinook build, i started on the Hobby Boss Land Rover, which due to how easy it was to put together, it didn’t take long! Which meant i could get on with the diorama setting.

Having seen these vehicles in Afghanistan for myself (though not with ATGM’s) i really wanted a patrol meeting scene. 

Also in this build was a 1/35 scale Modern UK Infantrymen, present day by Masterbox, and they make up all the figures of the scene.

Even though i have finished this build, having a bit more experiance with paints ect. I will go over the vehicle and figures in a Matt Varnish to take off the shine from them.

tgzaqgi.jpg

RUefljS.jpg

8GSnMq7.jpg

XyLAxen.jpg

HurkCGO.jpg

Tw5uAYB.jpg

KiPlKAD.jpg

So this one being my 3rd build, i am extremely happy with how it turned out. Though thinking back on it, it would have looked a bit better with fabric rolled up on the front light grills(for blackout) and some kind of lash down for the spare Milan Rocket.....maybe ill look into it in the future.

• Like 30

That looks good and you've created a sense of interaction between all the figures - is the driver saying: "there's room for two more in the back chaps."

So this one being my 3rd build, i am extremely happy with how it turned out. Though thinking back on it, it would have looked a bit better with fabric rolled up on the front light grills(for blackout) and some kind of lash down for the spare Milan Rocket.....maybe ill look into it in the future.

Remember every build is a learning opportunity.

• Like 1

I'm not certain that Milan ever served in Afghanistan.  It was out of service in 2005, replaced by Javelin.  The UK deployment on Op Herrick didn't start in earnest until 2006.  It is possible that some were there with 2 Para, 40 or 45 Cdo on the earlier Op Veritas.

A Milan WMIK would be more appropriate for Iraq.  The terrain could equally be Iraq.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Richard E said:

That looks good and you've created a sense of interaction between all the figures - is the driver saying: "there's room for two more in the back chaps."

Remember every build is a learning opportunity.

😂 yeah “jump on lads, park yer butt atop the rocket!’ Thank you for the praise mate, its very much appreciated and definitely they all are a learning experiance.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

I'm not certain that Milan ever served in Afghanistan.  It was out of service in 2005, replaced by Javelin.  The UK deployment on Op Herrick didn't start in earnest until 2006.  It is possible that some were there with 2 Para, 40 or 45 Cdo on the earlier Op Veritas.

A Milan WMIK would be more appropriate for Iraq.  The terrain could equally be Iraq.

Having a quick look online to find out more info, they were there but like you said, right at the start and they were probably just used in practice. But yeah, could be a scene from either Iraq or Afghanistan. 

22 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Looks good & a damn sight better than my third build.

Replace Afghanistan with Somewhere Hot, Dusty & Flyblown & you've covered all bases.

Pete

Cheers Pete, much appreciated! Sounds like a plan too🙌

• Like 1