Got the ordnance done. Nearly launched the whole thing out of the window in the process though - the fuel tank and the Mavericks just didn't want to go on and stay on! The tank in particular was a pain in the unmentionables. Before this I found the decals that came with the Mavericks were laser printed so only really good for a light grey or white missile - not the green one I wanted to use. So no decals on the missiles. Between these irritations and the disappointing decals this build has got to a point where I just want it done and off the bench ASAP and with minimum effort. Grrrrr....

A-4K Kahu WIP

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Mate, you should be really happy with that!  We can be our own worst critic, but it looks pretty awesome from where I am sitting with a big screen.  Love the loadout too.  Nice to see something other than 300gal tanks under the wings,

Gets my vote!

• Thanks 1

This happens to the best, and you seem one of them!

Looks great to me!

A little final push (not out if the window ;) ) and you are good to go in new directions :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zebra said:

Calling this done.

Hi Julian,

Looking Good - Job well done :thumbsup:

I Recall late 1990's/early 2000's I was visiting the Ports Of Tauranga/Mt Maunganui

(East Coast of NZ) I had six RNZAF A4K's do a beat up over the Port,s had my own private

air Show

Anyways a few shots of NZ6205 in your camouflage version

With NZ6201/NZ6202, and BA Concorde during a visit to New Zealand

OhC252-86_1.t5eb21df9.m800.x4icF8Tx7.jpg

(RNZAF Original - RNZAF Museum - Used with Permissions)

NZ6205 - Live firing of a Maverick

OhG541-89.t5f402a37.m800.xAtUISkM_.jpg

(RNZAF Original - RNZAF Museum - Used with Permissions)

Thanks for sharing your build with us

Regards

Alan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good to see the green beasty. We have one in the local museum. When you are right up to it, it's a big beast. I think the green camo makes it look even bigger than the grey.

Excellent job you have done on it.

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2021 at 10:16 PM, zebra said:

Thanks for the kind words @Corsairfoxfouruncle @Anthony in NZ and @exdraken, it really did help.

Calling this done. More in the gallery shortly. And I'm going to squeeze in one last Aussie build!

1/48 A-4K Kahu

cheers

Julian

I loved every step of this build!  Great finish and a model I would be proud to have on my shelf.  Well done mate and good on you for making the HUD bits, very clever indeed!

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Lovely work Julian. I built a pre-upgrade A-4K from the Hasegawa kit around 20 years ago too.

Are your 3D printed instrument panel and other post-Kahu bits available for purchase? I have a hankering to build another Kiwi Skyhawk!

Thanks and bye for now,

Brett

spacer.png