3 hours ago, coneheadff said:

Looking great Julian!

Just one thing...I think you have to remove the reinforcement plates on both intakes.

Alex 

Thanks - yes I noticed that when I was looking at a walkaround today so it’s on the to-do list for tomorrow.

After watching all the great Skyhawk builds I opened up my started Kiwi Skyhawk and remembered something...

I think all Kiwi A-4s had the reinforcement strip underneath the tail.

Can't see from the pictures if you used the right part.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coneheadff said:

After watching all the great Skyhawk builds I opened up my started Kiwi Skyhawk and remembered something...

Only the ex Aussie purchased ones had it.  The original 'K's never had that, also the original K's had the drag chute door hinge at the top whereas the ex RAN ones were hinged at the bottom. HTH

Cheers Anthony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Only the ex Aussie purchased ones had it.  The original 'K's never had that, also the original K's had the drag chute door hinge at the top whereas the ex RAN ones were hinged at the bottom. HTH

Cheers Anthony

Wow...great info! Thanks Anthony!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, coneheadff said:

Not sure to be honest, I just followed the guidance on @Calum's blog

On 4/4/2021 at 4:46 AM, Anthony in NZ said:

Cheers Anthony

Well there's 2 details I 'd never realised or had forgotten. I'll add them to the blog entry. Thanks Anthony

I wish I'd know that as I spent a bit of time sorting out that reinforcement strip on my recent 2 builds... And I scribed the door around the wrong way :D

Edited by Calum
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Calum said:

Well there's 2 details I 'd never realised or had forgotten. I'll add them to the blog entry. Thanks Anthony

I wish I'd know that as I spent a bit of time sorting out that reinforcement strip on my recent 2 builds... And I scribed the door around the wrong way :D

Mate, you have set the new standard with that latest build of yours!  Its my screensaver...sad I know, but you really nailed that!

9 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Mate, you have set the new standard with that latest build of yours!  Its my screensaver...sad I know, but you really nailed that!

Thanks. What ever happend to the 32 scale one you were working on?

44 minutes ago, Calum said:

Thanks. What ever happend to the 32 scale one you were working on?

On hold whilst the 3D masters get cast, the set is all CAD'd up and printed for the Kahu conversion.  I am kinda ground to a halt whilst I wait for these parts.  Also a new set of accurate detailed u/c is due out soon from SOW (Synthetic Ordinance Works)

In the meantime I have this brit Phantom keeping me busy, but keen to get back to the Skyhawk

• Like 2

Started painting - this is going to be in the Euro 1 scheme - with the light green:

A-4K Kahu WIP

The Gekko Graphics instructions recommend a 50/50 mix of Gunze interior green and FS34102 for the NZ version of 34102 - this is a mix of the AK Real Colour equivalents. Have to say I quite like this shade! Grey next.

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

I stopped posting updates here - not on purpose, it was just a bit of a faff alternating between here and the ANZAC GB. I've finished the Kahu - here's one photo, there's more in the ANZAC gallery here and the ANZAC GB build thread is here

1/48 A-4K Kahu

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 2

An excellent result Julian.

I love this scheme as it makes the Skyhawk look mean and you have done a great job of capturing it.

You can put some pics up in our gallery too if you like mate, she deserves a place in it.

Thanks for taking part in the GB and very well done.