***finished***SAAF Korean Sabre

PhantomBigStu

As my mustang may not be eligible spent a significant chunk of yesterday on kingkit having chosen a new subject to find something else to justify the postage with it, in the end still not finalised the order, but have ended up ordering something else on ebay. Hobbyboss F-86F to one of the 20 odd sabres loaned to the South African Airforce for the conflict. 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Col. said:

Had forgot about this one but glad to see you're continuing with it Stu :thumbsup:

Keeping track of ones builds is rather tricky let alone everyone else’s , just remembered I also have a diecast mustang to repaint silver alongside this 🤣 that needs a lot of sanding to remove some raised branding underneath.

51210538231_ed40c099a3_b.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Absolute PITA sanding this and the mustang, certain seams would not behave, but least f-86 is nearly there, though butcher one set of tanks up already, common theme at the moment. But sorted the prop out on the stang so that will be finished at the least. 

51232086916_bdf9e32441_b.jpg

51237682280_07f22ed342_b.jpg

• Like 2

Canopy was an fun, went through a very lengthy sanding cycle not once, not twice but three times to find the canopy has to come off l, fourth time was the charm not least as I actually checked before I started the inside was fine. Mustang has stalled, silly me didn’t notice the moulded in bomb racks when I picked a scheme with lower invasion stripe decals. Days of sanding with a rasp awaits. 

51259952021_c1ab066aa7_b.jpg

51260708029_e65ac040f6_b.jpg

• Like 1

• PhantomBigStu changed the title to ***finished***SAAF Korean Sabre