TAMIYA Ferrari F2001 1/20

While doing this build, I found myself either humming or singing the Italian National Anthem and the Toreador song. I guess seeing the Ferrari Red (Rosso Corsa) and the Prancing Horse brings out the tifosi in most motorsport fans.

The Ferrari F2001 was a highly successful Formula One car that the Ferrari team competed with for the 2001 Formula One season. This car gave Ferrari its 11th Constructor's Championship and Michael Schumacher's 4th Formula 1 Championship. 20 years ago, my brothers and I would be glued to the TV on Sunday evenings watching this car race. It was a really dominant car taking 10 wins (9 from Schumacher), 13 pole positions, 3 fastest laps and 197 points throughout its lifespan.

As for the build, had a bit of a hard time with this one. Had to do a lot of touch ups and the Carbon Fiber Decals were such a pain. Was almost tempted to give it a weathered look to hide my errors, but I was eventually highly satisfied with the end look.

TAMIYA Ferrari F2001 1/20 Scale. #ForzaMichael #tamiya #F2001 #scale120

51008389847_9990596f69_k.jpg

51007578553_a2735ad31f_k.jpg

51008287706_650602d9c4_k.jpg

51007578333_82601c82c9_k.jpg

51008389787_5ec85cfb18_k.jpg

Edited by SpeedMonkey
grammer check.
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2021 at 5:15 AM, Spiny said:

Well it's certainly worked for on the finish - that's a lovely looking model. Not to mention some excellent photogrpahy as well - very good use of the black infinity curve

Thanks! You have a great collection of builds. Love the Ford Fiesta and the Honda S600 in particular. Hoping to build a collection like yours as well.

On 3/7/2021 at 5:31 AM, desert falcon said:

That's an amazing looking Ferrari 😍 

Thanks! Just had to build a Ferrari F1 kit since learning the Schumacher name will return in Formula One. 

• Thanks 1

Thats a great model, it looks fantastic. I was also glued to the screen as Michael brought in one win after another, i can remember the weather outside 28 degrees, sunshine, my ex-girlfriend want walking in the park, but i wanted watch the Race in TV, and i got a hard fight with her..........she just couldn't understand me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/03/2021 at 09:41, SpeedMonkey said:

Thanks! Got some nice tips on this forum on the doing the finish. Glad this forum is around for green horn builders like me. 😉

This is a great looking model,I'm a big Ferrari f1 fan and was lucky enough to see Michael at Silverstone in this car, can I ask for some advice on how to get a finish like this as I'm new to this as well and I'm struggling to get even a half decent gloss finish on a red countach I'm trying to complete!well done on this

Amazing work, looks immaculate.  I'm currently trying to source an F1 kit of some sort, anything 1994 onwards which is when I really began watching it with my dad, and when I do I hope it looks half as good as this.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, great build and presentation. I can’t find any of the issues you mentioned, it should look nice in your display! I too remember watching that season on F1, those were remarkable cars!

I have an F2000 to build, do you mind me asking where you sourced the Marlboro decals?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Currently building up my courage to start my next build.

On 4/5/2021 at 10:46 PM, RadMax8 said:

Wow, great build and presentation. I can’t find any of the issues you mentioned, it should look nice in your display! I too remember watching that season on F1, those were remarkable cars!

I have an F2000 to build, do you mind me asking where you sourced the Marlboro decals?

We dont get a lot of option parts/decals from where I'm from. Had to buy the decals online from a Korean Site.

http://detailshop.co.kr/us/main/index.php

Owner of the store is very helpful and accommodating. Emailed him numerous times. And yes, he can speak english. 😉

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2021 at 6:14 AM, Malc2 said:

Wow, this is amazing, superb finish!

I guess this is not your first F1 car?!

M.

Thank you! This is actually my 2nd F1 Build. My previous was a Tamiya MP4/4. 😉