1/72 Tamiya DH Mosquito mkIV with electric lights and motor

Finally finished this one. My original electronics messed up so the end result is not as flashy as anticipated. Propellers are really powerful.  If they were fixed better this could probably move forward but at present it just goes in a circle. 

20210305_205710

20210305_205741

20210305_205808

20210305_205820

20210305_205826

• Like 15

I use 0.1mm leds from evemodel/Amazon.

The motors are from 2 revell roxters - each roxter has 2 motors but different shaft lengths hence 2 roxters (see also my post where I used a roxter components to motorise a Sea King). They were 2 for £15 at argos so well worth for the battery and components at that price. 

The 90mAh lipo is also from the Roxter heli. 

They can of course be purchased individually or even found in other devices and recycled. 

The original design for this mosquito had the IR unit put in but something messed up and I had to remove it. 

It's not too difficult to fit in all components as the mosquito is quite large at 1/72. My 1/72 spitfires with lights and motor are far more fiddly but much better hidden usb port and switch. 

That is  very nice. I never thought of using a USB port, but why not? You've shown it can be done.  😃

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SAT69 said:

That is  very nice. I never thought of using a USB port, but why not? You've shown it can be done.  😃

Only for charging, I figured that there'll always be a cable around to be able to plug in and the voltage is about right. 

The female usb mini ports can just be soldered at the left and right pins, and I use araldite to hold it together as its quite delicate otherwise

Thanks for your information. Will keep that in mind for a future build. Perhaps a small twin would be the best for first attempt. I like the subtle way you’ve located the switch and recharging point.

• Like 1