Looking for large scale (1/10 - 1/12) Arthurian knight figure

DavidG

Dear Figure Modellers,

I don't normally post, but I've a friend with learning difficulties who wants to paint an Arthurian knight figure. He's looking for something about 6" high or larger and probably not too expensive (max. £40 I reckon), so I'm thinking 1/12 scale or larger.

I've started to search for possibilities on the internet, but this isn't an area I know much about (I'm mainly into ships, tanks & aircraft).

I thought more experienced figure modellers might be able to point me in the right direction. Any help or advice much appreciated.

Many thanks,

David

Thanks for getting back so quickly, Black Knight. I'n not sure about the armour question - but I'll check out the links you sent and see what looks most practical.

Appreciate your help.

Best wishes, David

I've bought the Red Knight of Vienna and it's a pretty good kit (maybe not quite up to the standards of the most modern kits, but a nice build, none-the-less). If you want a big Knight to paint, I don't think you'll get better value than that.

Chris. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Amending some information.

Hi Black Knight - The King Arthur & horse set looks good. I ordered the Red Knight of Vienna and am now 'watching' the Aurora King Arthur. Many thanks for all your helpful advice.

Kind regards, David/Dave

From Richard E:

Hi Dave

Would ICM's 9th Century Viking figure give you another option ?

Hi Richard, Thanks for this - I'm going to show him the Viking and some of the other figures in the ICM 1/16 range. (I'm tempted to give one of the figures a go myself!)

Appreciate your help.

Kind regards,

Dave 

I suppose the old Airfix "Black Prince" is a little later in armour style and the shields etc are perhaps too specific?  Just thought to mention it.  With some fettling it could perhaps do

On a light note I believe that King George VI sent a message to Lord Louis Mountbatten when he was made a knight of some order or other for second time.  It said "Dear Louis, once a King always a King but twice a Knight should be more than enough for anybody".  

Hi John,

Thanks for this tip (and the joke). I'd forgotten about those 1/12 Airfix figures  (Black Prince, Guardsman, Beefeater, etc.) though I did make & paint them as a boy (lots of Humbrol enamels plastered on!)

Thanks to everyone on the forum I've got lots of options and am awaiting the first delivery. I'll be making & priming the figures as my friend's only into painting.

Kind regards,

David