Martlet III, Egypt August 1941

Corsairfoxfouruncle

Hi Dennis,

The only things I've ever built which had wings on them are the Space Shuttle and the original BSG Viper back when I was in my late teens, but I do like military aircraft and do occasionally browse what's on offer.

Nice work on the 3 shown above.

We do have a few things in common............ the use of coke bottle lids as palettes, mixing paints, holders for varnish etc being one, and the 'tidiness' of our work-stations. Mine would look similar to yours on a 'very tidy' day. lol

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Badder said:

We do have a few things in common............ the use of coke bottle lids as palettes, mixing paints, holders for varnish etc being one, and the 'tidiness' of our work-stations. Mine would look similar to yours on a 'very tidy' day. lol

Yes I discovered water bottle/coke bottle lids as palettes many years ago. The village I live in is the only one for about 50 miles in any direction that isn't buying water from Lake Michigan/Chicago. They use well water which is nasty and i wont even use it to make Ice cubes. When it freezes it gets a red rime from something in the water. As for my work station, wellllll I need to go and get rid of stuff in my storage that is old and not well done. Once thats done I can put all the newer stuff thats on my desk/drawers into storage and make room again. I really also need to buy some paint racks as well. 

31 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Somehow I've missed this, Dennis. Looks great! Nicely done.

Chris

No worries Chris Thank you for the compliment. Looking forward to your Beaufort, do you have a WIP going or no ? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

No worries Chris Thank you for the compliment. Looking forward to your Beaufort, do you have a WIP going or no ? 

No, not started it yet. There's just been too many other things going on. We have a contractor who's doing a main bathroom change-out for us. The whole room was stripped down to the studs. A new tube has been put in along with new drywall. They had to do a careful removal of the old stuff because testing picked up some asbestos in the old mid-70's original material. We're still waiting for the new custom-built vanity, as all new pre-built won't fit the room. It's either 6" too short or about 1.5" too long! Then there's new flooring. It's a slow process.

All I've done with the Beaufort so far is to gently fondle and touch the sprues. You know, the usual opening moves.

Chris

• Like 1