A trio of Austers ... and a Cub.

Since my completion of an Auster in the Aus/NZ GB, I thought you might like to see all my Auster models together. All are 1/72nd and by AZ Models. The camo one I recently modified( and changed  the markings) by back dating it to an Auster I from a III  which what the kit is. The civvy one 'G-ANHR. is the Mk.V. 

C2mRFr.jpg

Left to right: Mk.v G_ANHR,Mk.1, LB312,and A11-36 Mk.III RAAF.
GNEOuu.jpg

tOOarp.jpg

CWbVrn.jpg

In this pic is the interloper, a Piper Super Cub G-AVPT and two Austers. All three depict aircraft I have flown in!
3oA0QU.jpg

All of them together.  I'll try and do pics of the models I have of others I have flown in over the coming weeks.

• Like 21

A very nice trio of Austers.  I like the varied schemes.  Any plans to build an Antartic in orange?  The Cub reminds me of my visits to the Yorkshire Gliding Club with my late father back in the 80s.

9 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

A very nice trio of Austers.  I like the varied schemes.  Any plans to build an Antartic in orange?  The Cub reminds me of my visits to the Yorkshire Gliding Club with my late father back in the 80s.

Only if I can source another AZ kit or two. They did the AOP Vi too but I mussed that one. So if any one  has one they don't want, just let me know.....😉

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bill Bunting said:

I have an AOP VI at the airport but it's assembled and may be hard to ship!!

Nice collection Paul, not popular subjects but interesting all the same.  

Hope you are keeping well.

Cheers, 

Bill

Hi Bill. Good to see you are still hanging around here.  Couldn't you just ship it in an end opening card box??😄

I didn't know you flew real aeroplanes.  Your one would look good among my passenger flying log.  I just hope that one day before I pack it all in I can get one of the AZ Mk.VI Austers.  It would be a lot easier than fighting with an Airfix one..... I know as I have tried several in the past!

Great line up. The last time I flew in a Cub I was nursing a massive hangover. I wasn't P1, I should add. 

As for Austers when I was working as a Skydive pilot a bunch of Austers arrived from England to our base. There were some proper historic Austers. I had a ball chatting to the pilots until work intervened. 

One had actually been in France in 1944.

18 hours ago, Paul J said:

Hi Bill. Good to see you are still hanging around here.  Couldn't you just ship it in an end opening card box??😄

I didn't know you flew real aeroplanes.  Your one would look good among my passenger flying log.  I just hope that one day before I pack it all in I can get one of the AZ Mk.VI Austers.  It would be a lot easier than fighting with an Airfix one..... I know as I have tried several in the past!

Well it IS for sale but with shipping it may be a little too dear.  Yes, after I was 'over there' a few years ago, I moved houses and renewed my Commercial license. I joined a small flying museum 15 minutes from the house.  We have the 1947 Auster AOP VI ex RAF VP630 trans to RCAF 16653 (unfortunately a previous owner replaced half of the greenhouse with aluminum to make it a little less roasting hot inside), a 1943 DH82a Tiger Moth  ex RAF NM201, a 1943 Fleet / Fairchild PT-26 Cornell ex RCAF (BCATP) FV720 and a 1947 Fleet 80 Canuck.   We do customer rides in the Tiger and Cornell, use the Canuck for training and keeping current and the Auster for support at shows etc.  Unfortunately, circumstances dictate that one must go so the Auster is "For Sale" to a good home.   Check us out on Facebook or our website (a bit poor right now sorry).  Edenvale Classic Aircraft Foundation  www.classicaircraft.ca

I've seen the AZ AOP VI on eBay very occassionaly but never bought one.  I will keep an eye open here and if I see one at a show, if there are any this year, I will PM you.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1