Kangnam A4 E/F Skyhawk. 1/72.

Hi folk's well number four and final build is from a company I've not heard of but looking at review's seems to be

a decent kit looking like a copy of Hasegawa's kit but with recessed panel lines and a tenner secured it from my

favourite pre owned seller King Kit along with Esci's A4 Blue Angel's.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/kangnam-7125-a-4e-f-skyhawk--157845

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dansk said:

At some point you need to photograph and show us where you keep all these thousands of builds you do steve.

Sadly over the last week or two I made the decision to bin a jot of older stuff Dansk only about 20 1/72 builds were spared!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

55 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Sadly over the last week or two I made the decision to bin a jot of older stuff Dansk only about 20 1/72 builds were spared!

Oh no!

I hope you considered giving them to a local school or kids club or suchlike - i think it would really inspire kids seeing (owning!) your builds.

• Like 2

It's been a lot of years since I built a Hasegawa Skyhawk, in fact it might even have been the FROG boxing, but I do remember that it seemed to be a bit out of scale, being noticeably larger than the Airfix and ESCI versions. 

Their MiG-21 had the same issue. 

John 

• Like 1

On 11/03/2021 at 18:50, John said:

It's been a lot of years since I built a Hasegawa Skyhawk, in fact it might even have been the FROG boxing, but I do remember that it seemed to be a bit out of scale, being noticeably larger than the Airfix and ESCI versions. 

Their MiG-21 had the same issue. 

John 

It is bigger John just checked it,I have feelers out for some Australian decal's for a late schemed Skyhawk for this one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Aussie Skyhawks are always welcome here Steve.

Just thought we'd be seeing a good amount of USN scheme's in the GB so put a bid in on a set of Fujimi decals if not a winner still have

a few USN choices so no loss just gutted the ESCI kit's looking like a lost cause.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Just thought we'd be seeing a good amount of USN scheme's in the GB so put a bid in on a set of Fujimi decals if not a winner still have

a few USN choices so no loss just gutted the ESCI kit's looking like a lost cause.

Saw that set of decals and wondered if one of our esteemed scooter builders had bid on it.

27 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Saw that set of decals and wondered if one of our esteemed scooter builders had bid on it.

Did you see the 1/48 twin seater Craig,can't work out the maker I was tempted at the Israeli decal's the GB needs one!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Worked it out, it's a Seminar kit which is a re-boxing of the Academy kit.

Thats the one Steve, not the best kit and more 1/50 than 1/48 but a good price and i am sure you could turn it into something special.

Don't worry about having an Israeli one our Rich ( @trickyrich ) is building  an Israeli N.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...