From the ridiculous to the sublime, the Hunter FGA.9 (Stash Clearance #8)

From an aircraft with its problems both in real life and in kit form, the Supermarine Swift, to its much more successful contemporary both as an aircraft and a kit, the Hawker Hunter. 

1/72 Revell Hawker Hunter FGA.9

According to Scalemates a 2008 rebox of a 2006 Mould

OOB save for a Master pitot. Homemade harness from Tamiya tape and ejection seat pull cords from wire.

Colours from Xtracrylix (Dark Green, Dark Sea Grey and Light Aircraft Grey)

Comments.

1. Well known and well reviewed. I can see why. Nicely detailed mouldings with no flash, no filler needed and good decals. Seat could be more detailed is the only criticism I could make.

2. I went with the less flamboyant option to the box top example as I wasn't convinced my red paint would be the exact same shade as the red in the roundels and, if it wasn't, I knew it would bother me every time I looked at it.

3. If I was doing another one I would go with the Swiss option, a Mk.58, different lumps and bumps, more underwing attachment points and some 'interesting' ordnance.

4. I found the decal for the yellow flashes around the canopy frame practically invisible and had to do them by hand, not very well.

5. The kit ordnance was also less than inspiring with just rocket pods provided for the outer stations as an option for fuel tanks. Surprisingly when you look at contemporary photos that kit loadout was not unusual. It seems like an awful lot of aeroplane to deliver not very much.

First, the box top then the rest follow either in the post or in a reply thereto

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10