Starling Models 1/350 HMS Tabard

I am in two minds if I should even put this up, but hey ho.

My first attempt at a 1/350 kit and I thought 1/72 photoetch was small.

This is a resin kit and is so exquisitely cast.

I started this last year but managed to lose one of the front diving planes and so it went into the box until I figured out how to cast another.

I actually managed to get most of the photoetch on without bending it but managed to clobber some of it during the painting phase.

Painted with Colourcast Enamels and Tamiya bronze for the screws.

I've learned a fair bit making this and can only hope the next one will be better.

RxpLgjc.jpg

UCjb1PH.jpg

IStwjj7.jpg

ETj2cbm.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, whitestar12chris said:

Very nicely done Alistair, for your first attempt youve done well.

All the best Chris

Thanks Chris,

Too kind.

5 hours ago, swralph said:

Very nice Alistair.😀

Many Thanks.

4 hours ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Well done Ali - you've done a fine job (and painted it Home Fleet Grey :) ) with this smashing little kit. I loved building mine!

Thanks Jamie,

It's a beautiful wee kit. I will admit that I originally bought it in the hope that Starling will bring out an S boat.

My Dad served aboard the Syrtis and The Sidon, so it was purely selfish but when I opened it I knew it was a stunning kit.

Funnily the paint was advised to me by a very nice chap from whom I purchased some paint from in Perth in 2019, can't quite remember his name but he was very generous with both his time and advice.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 2

17 hours ago, AliGauld said:

It's a beautiful wee kit. I will admit that I originally bought it in the hope that Starling will bring out an S boat.

My Dad served aboard the Syrtis and The Sidon, so it was purely selfish but when I opened it I knew it was a stunning kit.

Alistair, Starling are releasing an S class in 1/350, its on their webpage as coming soon.

All the best Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, whitestar12chris said:

Alistair, Starling are releasing an S class in 1/350, its on their webpage as coming soon.

All the best Chris

Hi Chris 

Thanks for that. I was aware they were bringing one out as the Tabard had sold well enough but the last I heard they were having to find someone to design the kit for them and the website is currently closed until the 15th. So I'm having to wait patiently for news. 

Cheers 

Alistair