Airfix 1/72nd Heinkel He111P-2

Thanks, everyone! 

I should probably do a bit more weathering around the model beyond exhaust stains. Perhaps I will revisit in time, but I will need to get some better research in on which bits got chipped and how dirt built up. These planes had a hard life, but must have been maintained reasonably well.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

I'll get a group photo of the bomber collection.  

Looking forward to that. That's a very handsome Heinkel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TonyOD said:

Looking forward to that

Packing them into my photo base was fun.

51002054778_339a461426_b.jpg

I’ve sneaked in the Dornier Do17P at the back. The type was used in the bomber role at the start of the war, but later relegated to training duties. For much of 1940, the Do17P was used for meteorological and high altitude reconnaissance flights.

So, we have the Do17P, Do17Z-1, He111P-2, Ju88A-5 (A-1 in the stash waiting its turn) and Ju87B-1. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Really nice build. That background really works well; the top photo looks like the real thing. ( note to self must do a bit of work on my own grass matting) 

The collection looks really good. 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Marklo said:

That background really works well; the top photo looks like the real thing.

I need to work on the transition between the flat grass area and the backdrop image. Still mulling that over.

44 minutes ago, Homer said:

very nice work well done 👏 

Thanks! 

40 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

Beautiful collection. I feel we've had  this conversation before, but are those Colourcoats RLMs?

Not all of them. The Do17Z used Humbrol 241 and 242, which are their RLM equivalents. The Junkerses used Xtracrylix. The Do17P and the 'Einkel are ColourCoats.

As you can see, they all pretty much agree on the tonal variance between RLM 70 and 71. 

19 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Lovely job on the 'Einkel Heather, to add to all your other lovely jobs, joys to watch, all of them.

Steve

Aww, bless you. Like all of my builds, they have errors, c*ck-ups and bits I would do better if I started over. I like to think each build gets better as I learn new things.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Heather Kay said:

As you can see, they all pretty much agree on the tonal variance between RLM 70 and 71. 

That's the conversation I think we've had, given my recent experience of the Humbrols. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Allan31 said:

I know the 111 is Airfix, how about the rest?

The Stuka and Do17Z are Airfix. The 17P is a hybrid Airfix Do17E and Revell 17Z. The 88 is Italeri.

:D

• Like 1

Excellent job on the 'einkle Heather. I like the idea of the grass matting and background  it really sets it off. Although I'd have to say the grouping of all the Bombers together it almost looks like "Heathers New and slightly Used German Bombers" sale lot. Definitely a job Well Done!

• Like 1

Very nice build. of my favorite Bomber - the other one is the B29, but needs too much space.

I have build the Revell / Hasegawa H6 version. 

Have followed your building.

• Like 1