Hello everyone.

BillF67

I’m Bill, 67 and putting glue to plastic for the first time since about 1966😖. My word things have changed! I’ll be needing a lot of guidance, methinks. I’ve “practised” on two cheapo 1/72 planes I picked up in a sale Airfix Zero and ME109). I’ve taken a deep breath and opened up the box of a Revell 1/48 Jaguar - worked on these in F shed at Abingdon back in the day. Wish me luck🤞

• Like 3

Welcome I'm sure you'll find a home here. Things have changed but it's the same people so you'll fit right in. 

I believe the Jaguar kit is originally Airfix. I could be wrong. 

OK you've been away for a while. It's like starting again, actually it is. 

Enjoy it like it's 1966 again. 

Hello Bill ...:post1: from the windy city of Chicago. As Noel say’s just build them until you get comfortable with them. Some basic advice that you probably know but will share. Only ever build for yourself not the forum. Two don't jump in the deep end and try all the techniques or aftermarket goodies right away. Try one maybe two new techniques on a build. Your skills will build up quicker and you wont risk getting frustrated as easily. Never be afraid to ask for help everyone here is quite friendly and willing to offer info or tips. Last thing to remember is its only a model and plastic never expires. So if something isn't working on a kit, box it up and start a different one. You can go back later with a clearer head or when the skills have caught up to what you are attempting. 

Dennis

• Like 1

Thanks for that, Dennis. I will go slow and steady! I am amazed by the add ons available and equally surprised by how much kits have come on - although happily the Airfix pilot seems to be the same chap (in 1/72) that I remember form all those years ago!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welcome aboard Bill!  Great to hear that your coming back to the hobby.  Plenty of tips and advice to be had here and lots of inspiration to be found. 

Looking forward to seeing your work on here soon.

Regards,

Troffa