1:76 Matador. First EVER presentation

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngHi All,

Please see attached my 'kinda' finished 1:76 Matador. Never presented a model for critique before so looking forward to hearing back. I haven't touched kits for over 20 years and like a lot of folks here, got back to it after being locked in.

This is the first Matador I've done, I managed to pick up two more at a bargain price, so looking to having another couple of goes at it. (Probably have a convoy soon.😆). My weathering I know, needs some work, (the days when everything was painted green and stuck on the shelf I see have gone.) So bear with me on that, lots to learn yet. But one I really enjoyed.

Answers on a postcard..👍

• Like 14

Welcome back! Happy modelling. I've found these forums a great inspiration and source of help and useful tips. I'm sure you will too. I like the way you've built the 5.5 with the tarp over the breech. I wasn't going to bother with my Airfix 5.5 but maybe I'll revisit it now.

Edited by echen

Hi Bagshot,

Welcome to forum and the hobby again, Like you, I was also a "Revenant" ... lol, and as the colleague says, you can find many useful things to catch up with everything new there is ...
A suggestion if you allow me, the photos are a little blurry, so the model is not appreciated well ... and something interesting, would be to put an object (coin, lighter, key, etc ... to see what size the model reaches model, which will certainly be very small ... lol)
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

2 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Bagshot,

Welcome to forum and the hobby again, Like you, I was also a "Revenant" ... lol, and as the colleague says, you can find many useful things to catch up with everything new there is ...
A suggestion if you allow me, the photos are a little blurry, so the model is not appreciated well ... and something interesting, would be to put an object (coin, lighter, key, etc ... to see what size the model reaches model, which will certainly be very small ... lol)
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

Cheers Gents, new pics on the way.

I like it. The Airfix 5.5 is little more than a toy but you've made it look half decent there.

And welcome back to the fold too!

On 04/03/2021 at 20:01, Hairtrigger said:

First rate job that...   Really gone the extra mile and made an ancient but classic kit shine.

Thanks here.. I know it's only a tiny kit compared to all the others, but it's been enjoyable seeing how far you can go with it. Two more to do, so gonna try a couple of versions for fun. Still lots to learn though.

• Like 1

On 04/03/2021 at 09:51, IanC said:

I like it. The Airfix 5.5 is little more than a toy but you've made it look half decent there.

And welcome back to the fold too!

Thanks, but a good one to play around with as they are cheap as a pot of paint and lots of info out there to pull from. Cheers for the feedback.

On 03/03/2021 at 12:20, echen said:

Welcome back! Happy modelling. I've found these forums a great inspiration and source of help and useful tips. I'm sure you will too. I like the way you've built the 5.5 with the tarp over the breech. I wasn't going to bother with my Airfix 5.5 but maybe I'll revisit it now.

Thanks, the tarp was my answer to hiding the limited detail on the piece, also every picture I found had a tarp on for traveling. Seems obvious..👍🤔

Thanks again, looking forward to the next one.

• Like 1