1/72 Boeing B-29 "Enola Gay", Academy+Eduard

4 minutes ago, franky boy said:

Have you used foil for the nmf or is it painted?

James

Mr.Color C08, Molotow liquid chrome, Alclad white and dark aluminum, pale burnt, dural and high speed silver.

• Like 10

Wow!  Uh...Wow!  I think I'm going to have to hand over my license to practice modeling and sell all my remaining stash, because this is stellar work on your part.

One small observation: you probably are aware that on these particular Silver Plate aircraft, the bomb bay had a complicated tubular steel inner construction designed to bear the weight of the one atomic weapon, and I don't believe (unless you have photos otherwise) that the bay had racks for conventional munitions.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

What is it with only putting roundels on one wing though? RAF did it as well with v bombers, looks strange. 

With two the, fuselage (i.e. aiming point) is exactly in the middle. Calibrate your gunsight for the distance between the easier to see markings rather than the wingtips and you've even got range!

• Like 1

The international agreement on visibility of national markings on aircraft only call for the need to be seen from above, below, from both sides, and fore and aft.  For obvious reasons the last has been almost universally ignored.  There is nothing that requires symmetry or duplication - so a marking on one wing is all that is required, and has been consistently followed by the US for many decades.  I understand that the USAAC in WW1 used symmetrical markings, following on from their mentor the French, but at some stage postwar this was altered.

There are examples of pre-WW2 Spitfires with only one upperwing roundel.  Possibly also Hurricanes?

• Like 2

On 3/3/2021 at 12:53 PM, Fuad said:

Mr.Color C08, Molotow liquid chrome, Alclad white and dark aluminum, pale burnt, dural and high speed silver.

Hi - did you use an airbrush for the Molotow liquid chrome? Beautiful model.