Skyraider in Brit Use

spacer.pngspacer.png50998237792_e50d125219_m.jpg

Hello all,

Attached are some pics I took of the 1/72 Airfix Skyraider in a "what if" garb.  Story goes that as war progressed past 1945, the FAA took in some lend lease Skyraiders to replace their Beaufighters on trial basis.  Rugged, could take punishment, deliver ordinance, and could act as a fighter if needed. However pilots still preferred two engines than one for the long flights back home. The duck decal came from my Mustang spare decals. Markings from Matchbox Beaufighter. The kit was a mess. Outline and detail was way off. More suitable as a toy than a kit. The idea of a what if came about as a way to move the kit from my box of doom to completion. Actually I had a lot more fun doing some research to determine what my best finish option was to complete the kit than actually assembling it.  This is my second submittal in a very long time. I had some trouble posting the images in a suitable size. The tutorials I found in FAQ were of some help. Obviously I need more work on this subject. Any help and comments will be appreciated. On the other hand, having such small images to show will hide all the hideous work and finish...lol!!!! 

• Like 13

Turned out really well. The what-if story doesn't seem too far-fetched either. Britain did use Skyraiders for a while, as an AEW platform prior to the Gannet entering service. 

Thanks for letting us see it.

Q

• Like 1